cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending external e-mail from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SCOT for sending outgoing emails, i defined params in instance's profile, activate SICF SAP connect, and in SWU3 I configured the company domain.

Sending e-mails is working only to e-mails at this domain configured in SWU3.

How can I configure sending external e-mails outside this domain??

Please help.

Regards,

Micheal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also refer SAP Note:- 455140. I guess it might help you..

V...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could configure the domains in SCOT! Why to look elsewhere!

Thanks,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using exchange server as ur mail server, please add your sap system in the relay list on exchange server as shown below:

.Verify that your Exchange computer is not an open mail relay. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.

b. In Exchange System Manager, expand the following object:

Servers\Your_Exchange_Server_Name\Protocols\SMTP

c. Right-click the virtual SMTP server where you want to prevent mail relay, and then click Properties.

d. Click the Access tab, and then click Relay.

e. By default, open relay is blocked. The default settings are as follows:

u2022 The Only the list below check box is selected.

u2022 The Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above check box is selected.

f. If you must permit a single computer, a group of computers, or a domain to relay through the server, click Add. In the Computer dialog box, click the appropriate selection for the computers you want to relay through the server. Then, type the required information.

Note Enabling access by IP address or by domain name is helpful for users who do not authenticate with the Exchange computer.

g. In the Relay Restrictions dialog box, click OK.

h. Click Apply, and then click OK in the Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties dialog box.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to add the IP address of your SAP system into the SMTP Relay Agent of your SMTP Server.

That will allow you to send mails outside the domain.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You also often need to be sure that the poster email address is authorised to send external emails.

For example, some abap jobs were generating mails. tha abap user of these jobs was a technical user called user_batch.

The mails were sent from user_batch<at>company.com

user_batch<at>company.com was not a valid email address in my company and was not allowed to sen mails externally.

user_batch<at>company.com had to be specifically authorised on the SMTP server.

Regards,

Olivier