cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI and central SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I´m planning to install an NWDI with central SLD for non-production managed systems. Can someone tell me what the drawbacks are if that system is offline ? Should I have to think about a high-availability solution for this or is there a plan B to not stop Java developing in case of any urgency ?

Hope hear from you soon. Rewards if helpful.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Everton Cirino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best practice is to have 1 SLD for the entire landscape or 2 SLDs: one for non-PRD and one for PRD environment.

High availability is recommended.

Maybe even more important than an ability to continue development, SLD is required at runtime of all WebDynpro apps relying on JCo.

No SLD means downtime for these apps.

Regards,

Slava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Developers can not login to NWDI from NWDS if the SLD is offline. Thus they cannot properly develop when the SLD is offline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

Thank you for your help.

Ok, you´ve confirmed what I thought. Let me explain my concerns.

Today we have several three-system landscapes and each system has its own local SLD. So there is no proper, safe control version nor automated deploy/software logistics. However, this approach enable developments not to stop while it is possible to start from any system and deploy manually to another (I know it´s not a best practice !)

By installing a central SLD is the first step to solve this sort of thing but how can we proceed with developments in case SLD is offline:

- Is putting SLD on high-availability a solution ?

- Have you faced this problem yet or do you have a plan B ?

I appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Everton