Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Building WD DC

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a Web Dynpro Development Component and as I am learning during development many times I have to rebuild the DC to update the changes I am doing, but after some regenerations I run into the following error:

15/02/2006 15:48:58 /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: treemenu: Build failed for whr.com/treemenu(MyComponents) in variant "default":

[Ant] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

[Ant] Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\mauricim\Meus documentos\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\t\41A2B8ECE9BFCFCB8883A666AC5ECB6B\gwd\<b>PublicPartFileList.xml</b> (The system could not find the specificed file)

[Ant] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

[Ant] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)

[Ant] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)

[Ant] at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:69)

Then to solve this problem I have to delete the Public Parts, rebuild the DC, create the public parts again and rebuild the DC again.

I notice that this file never exists even after fix the problem, I don't understand why after some rebuildings the NWDS starts to miss this file if it was never created.

Then it works for 3 or 4 rebuildings and corrupts again.

My NWDS is SP13.

Have anyone faced the same problem?

Regards,

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ute_buehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The reason for this problem is that the PublicPart archive is locked and cannot be replaced by the new one. This problem was fixed in SP13 and SP14. There are patches available on the Service marketplace. (the FileNotFoundException in the build log has nothing to do with this locking problem. It is caused by the Class file minimizer and should disappear if you switch the class file minmizer off by choosing 'properties -> WebDynpro -> minimize byte code -> off' in the context menu of the Development component.

Kind regards,

Ute Bühler

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ute,

I had already realized that the FileNotFoundException was not related to the problem because even when it works, the warning is still displayed in the user output.

Indeed your suggestion solved the problem, thank you.

I read the documentation of this WD Class File Minimizer and I found it is really not very necessary to my projects, so I think turning it off will not impact me in other aspects.

Only one point is that I am in SP13, so the fix is in SP14 so on.

Regards,

Mauricio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I solved it by my own, or saying in better words, at least I found an easy workaround.

Every time the error appears, just close the NWDS and open it again.

Regards,

Mauricio