cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic title in Business Graphics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all!

I'm working with a Business Graphics and I'd like a title in the final rendered graphic. The problem is that the text I want to show is not static, it's the name of the person who is using the application.

The question is: Can I bind the title of the graphic to a context attribute? or is it possible to pass parameters to the graphic?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you!! But I think it's too complicated for me even to try!!

If there's another way please let me know!!!

Thanks again!

former_member194668
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have achieved this thru....

1. If you navigate to src folder of your project... src\<package structure>...

in that there will be a file <viewname>.wdview file. Where <viewname> referes to the name of the view in which business graphics UI element is used.

2. Open that file with notepad, and you can see the structure of BusinessGrpahics UI element specified in xml format. In that copy what ever between <BusinessGraphics.CustomizingXML>...</BusinessGraphics.CustomizingXML> including these tags also.

3. In the wdModifyView method of view name obtain the Business Graphics UI element and set the Direct Customizing to the above copied xml(as a string)

String customXML = "<BusinessGraphics.CustomizingXML>....</BusinessGraphics.CustomizingXML>";

IWDBusinessGraphics bg = (IWDBusinessGraphics)view.getElement("<business graphics UI element ID>");

bg.setDirectCustomizing(customXML);

4. In that xml string, the value under <Elements> .. <ChartElements> .. <Title> .. <caption> points to the title. you can replace that with your dynamic value.

-Aarthi