cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - Status always in "In Process"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have implemented a simple BPM for a Message Split pattern - where the source message will be split into 10-2000 messages. And these messages are sent to target system using a ForEach block with Send step.

I'm facing two problems here...

1) In some cases, Transformation step shows "Completed" status. However the container element (multiline) to hold the result of the transformation is not assigned with the result of the mapping. It remains empty forever. However when I check the result of the transformation step, I find the list of all split messages. What would cause the delay between the transformation step execution and the assignment of the result to container element?

2) When the number of target messages is high (say > 1500), in some cases, even after the completion of all the steps of the BPM, the root workitem still shows the status "In Process". Also the Process in SXMB_MONI shows Outbound Status as "Messages being Sent". I have checked the SMQ1 & SMQ2 and found no messages stuck there. The workflow log shows that all the messages have been sent. All the messages are also delivered to my target system. Why does the Workitem still show "In Process"? What would it be waiting for? The Send step is asynchronous and I have not configured it for taking acknowledgements. However if the number of target messages are less, the status is set to "Completed" correctly.

Note: I'm using Service Pack 13.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

For the container check the interface type of the multiline container and the normal container. Aslo check whether it is similar to the message type of the previous step.

For the Bpm "In Process" you can check in the graphical workflow and list with technical details where exactly its waiting.

regards,

milan.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos