cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automap Lookup values in Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have lookup field in main table for country code. In import map I can do automap and then can run the import. But when the new data comes in, new valid country code values are not automatically mapped. I have to click on automap again. I have looked at MDIS default unmapped handling options and do find any that will cover this scenario. This is a very basic scenario, I think I missing something here on how to set this automap feature for future imports. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Imran Zafar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran ,

Try this,

Import Manager->Configuration option->Default MDIS Handling->Auto map unmapped values -> Yes.

Import Manager->Configuration option->Default MDIS Handling->Unmapped value handling -> Add

This will automatically map unmapped new values with the matching destination values in MDM and if new values come in which do not have any matching destination values then it will add and map that values.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

For automatic Value mapping, you have options in the MDIS.ini

Please refer to the Page no-12 of this link doc:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

Also, there are few configuration options for Value Automapping in the Import Manager config options. You can go through the Link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/12036df94c3e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Go to MDM Import Server. MDIS Configuration->Trouble Shooting

Now, after doing the basic settings, Also, there can still be problems. I had faced a similar issues while importing a file and the Automap feature did not work fine.

You can use Import Manager-> File->Save Update for an Import Map. This will save all the updates you make to the map.

After save Updates, try importing a file and check whether the values are getting Auto mapped.

Hoep this info helps.

Thanks & Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

If it's not working the usual way, i would suggest you try creating Remote Keys in your Country lookup table.

For ex. if you have a Country value say "USA" in the table, try and create a remote key with the same exact value of "USA" for the relevant remote system. I would suggest you reload this lookup table and clone the country code/name (whichever value is in the spreadsheet) and map that clone field to the remote key. This way, it would be a one-time thing.

After this, any additional values in the incoming spreadsheet should automap to available set of lookup values.

Hope this helps.