SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue Budgeting in FMBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do we create Revenue Budget in FMBB.

I have entered the document as follows in FMBB:

Fund Center Commitment Item Amount

LOB1 Revenue 100000

1) I have entered the amount in positive only. Is this correct??

2) Then I entered Sales Invoice for Rs. 80000/- and used CI "Revenue", then the report FMRP_RW_BUDCON - Budget Control System (BCS) -> Budget -> Overview of Budget Consumption shows values as follows:-

Consumable Budget Consumed Amount Available Amt

100000 -80000 180000

Available amount should be 20000. Am i doing something wrong?

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

In FMBB everything is entered with a positive amount, revenues or expenses, by default. See note 739815 for further info. You will also find there the info regarding the reporting.

You are using ECC 6.0, right? Check if notes 900434, 1037153 are implemented in your system.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Expenditures : FMBB with positive sign for the amount

Revenues: FMBB with minus sign for the amount

Best regards

Salvator

PSM-FM Consultant

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

In FMBB everything is entered with a positive amount, revenues or expenses, by default. See note 739815 for further info. You will also find there the info regarding the reporting.

You are using ECC 6.0, right? Check if notes 900434, 1037153 are implemented in your system.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using 6.0 and these notes are already in place.

Also I checked table FMBDT, when I post revenues in positive, it stores the values in Negative in FMBDT and when I am posting revenues in Negative, it stores the value in Positive in FMBDT.

What should I do.. Shld I post revenues in Negative in FMBB???

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the commitment items are defined with 30/2 combination and if they are, raise an OSS. In BCS all the values (if no special BADI implemented) are entered with positive sign and so they should be stored in the tables.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jyoti.

You entered the budget correctly. As Eli well said you should enter only positive values in FMBB. The commitment item category, or more likely the document process define if you are entering revenues or expenditures.

About your issue, I haven´t actually understood it. You've entered two documents that modifies your budget, but them both modifies it positively. Your sales invoice does not consume your budget, once it is a revenue it actually increases it. It is exactly what that minus sign means in the consumed amount column for FMRP_RW_BUDCON. Therefore as far as I could understand your system is working perfectly.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Best Regards,

Bernardo

0 Kudos

Hi, Bernardo

The scenario is I want to use Revenue Budget as Target Budget and in the report FMRP_RW_BUDCON, the available budget column should represent shortfall or excess of revenue over targets.

So to map this scenario, I should enter Revenues as Negative in FMBB???

Besides this in table FMBDT , Revenues and Expenses are stored in Negative (If I post Revenue and Expenses as +ve in FMBB) - it shld be stored as negative ??

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

table FMBDT stores with a minus sign processes that increases the budget and with a plus sign processes that consumes it.

It may be possible to map your scenario in the way you described it, but this is not what I would do. As I see it, FM budgeting was not built to support this kind of functionality. In my opinion the best option is to create a program in which you can enter your target values and compare then with your revenues. This will protect your budget from possible errors.

Kind regards,

Bernardo

0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you !!!! You all were correct.

The problem is resolved. In IMG, there is a transaction through which we can change the standard setting of FMBB, i.e. posting revenue and expenses as negative.

I had done customisation here which overwrites the FMBB standard settings, PSM-FM-BCS-Budgeting-Budget Entry-Budget Entry Documents - Define

Editing Options for Budget Amounts.

Revenues as Negative and Expenses as Positive.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jyoti