cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MUTIPLE SPECIFICATION FOR A RAW MATERIAL VENDOR WISE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GURUS,

My client procures a raw material from different vendors,the specifications for that ROH material is different for each vendor.

can we maintain specfication vendor wise for single material.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ram,

If you are using INSPECTION PLAN (QP01) then the answer is yes and if you are using MATERIAL SPECIFICATION (QS61) the answer is NO

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

Thanks for your prompt reply.We are using inspection plan for inspection of materials.

Can you pls. guide me how to maintain multiple specs. for a material vendorwise.

thanks in advance

Regards

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

In your inspection plan,assign material and vendor

and go to MIC assigning screen

click on Dependented /add spec

now assign the spectification for MIC with Material/ vendor combination

Note if MIC's reference , then unlock it and assign spec

and then create inspection lot while RR you will get new inspection specifications

Come back if you have doubt

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ram,

There are two ways to incorporate the requirement for inspection plan.

Option:-1

Hence you are using inspection plan, so you are defiantly aware about the Group and group counter of Inspection plan.

If you choose this option you will have to manage separate Group counters for each vendor. It will go like this,,,,,,,

- Suppose you are having three vendors. A,B,C.

- Now create a complete group counter according to Vendor A

- Now copy this one and make the necessary changes in it according to Vendor B.

- Do same copy for Vendor C also.

- Now in the Material Assignment Screen in the inspection plan, assign the Material to all three group counters. Now Scroll right a bit, you will find the field where you can assign the Vendor. Here assign the appropriate Vendor.

Option:-2

As suggested by Sami, you can use the Dependent Characteristic Functionality. Adopting this option will gain you to incorporate the different specification under single group counter (inspection plan)

- Create an inspection plan.

- Assign the Material.

- In the "Characteristic Overview" screen, Select all those MIC for which the specification differs.

- Click on the "DEPENDENT CHARACTERISTIC" tab.

- Now assign all three Vendors A,B,C and maintain the relevant specifications to it for each MIC.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks for your reply and my problem has been solved.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

thanks for your reply,my problem has been solved.

Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member400804
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI ram,

The other way is to assign the vendor number in the Inspection plan header - material assigment.Repeat same group counters and material number and assign different vendor.

regards,

Lenin. A