cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slim Java Edition OR Full Java Edition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been struggling to get the Flightlist demo to work with Slim Java Edition (SAP NetWeaver 04 SP11) with added "lcrserver.ear in "C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\com.sap.lcr\SAP AG\6.4011.00.0000.20050127171551.0000" to be able to use SLD in Sneak Preview. But no luck.

If I setup the JCO connections in SLD as default (Meta data and load balancing) I can't get test and ping to work to the R/3 system I want to use. I get "partner not found" as error (I want to deploy locally but use BAPI's (as model) in Flightlist app.)

If I, on the other hand, define as application data and no load balancing in SLD the test and ping work but I get the following error when deploying:

'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider.

Either the logical System Name 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory,

or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

My question is: Do I have to install the Full Java Edition (SAP NetWeaver 04 SP15) to get this to work??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error message I get when using the "default" setup in SLD:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=exts0002.af.hosting.emtab.com GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=ANB MSSERV=sapmsANB PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner not reached (host 192.168.103.11, service sapgw00) TIME Wed Feb 15 17:55:15 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r.cpp LINE 8605 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 10060 ERRNO TEXT WSAETIMEDOUT: Connection timed out COUNTER 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the box on which your WD application runs, can you do a command line ping to 192.168.103.11 and get a result?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I specifically asked about this to the external company that handles the "SAP Farm" and they claim that we can't ping that adress because they have closed the ping capability. What I wonder about though is that that adress is inside their subnet (starts with 192.168....) so I wonder how I'm gonna reach that adress anyway.

Anyway, I can't ping the external adress either (starts with 213.xxx.xxx...) which resolves to exts0002.af.xxx.xxx something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the ping is closed you should still be able to connect to the box by typing telnet external.name.com 3200 If nothing happens i.e. you don't get a connection rejected then that is good. If you do you need to have them open up ports in their firewall for you to connect. You'll need 3200 and 3600 at the minimum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I telneted like this and I get a blank command window a.k.a not a rejection so I guess that means I connect fine, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Make sure you can telnet to the external address on 3600 and then replace your 192.xxx.xxx.xxx with in external address on the JCo destination.

I think what the above poster means is that his front end java engine is based on nw04 sp15 and his backend R3 system is based on nw04s abap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I telneted the adress (anb.af.hosting.xxx bla, bla) with 3600 and it worked fine.

The problem is that I can't change the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx adress. That comes with the setup of SLD. I can however try to input the exts0002.af.hosting.emtab.com (the 213.xxx.xxx.xxx) adress and that is what I have done. I then get the result you see above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmmm.... Can you delete the JCo destination in the SLD and recreate them with the correct address? Once you can change the address it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm..ok, you mean configure by hand in SLD?, sure, I'll try that tomorrow. I'll get back with the result in this thread

Thanks for your help, very appreciated

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm...I actually don't see how I can delete the JCO Connection in SLD. Or..well, I can "remove" it and then create it again but then it just takes the default values from what's been configured in my local SLD. And that comes from when I ran rz70 in the R/3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error message I get now:

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your model data connection can be to a application server but your meta data connection must be to a message server. You might have to setup a logon group as mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already set up a logon group as described above. I still get the same error. So, it seems we're out of options here...Maybe it's as simple as that I have to install the Full Java Edition instead of the Slim Java Edtition then...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is you JCo destination set up to use a message server for the metadata connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I think this is where the problem is. I start the SLD setup by inputing:

Name: WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST

Client: 100

<Next>

"Use local J2EE engine "J2E on petjoh" chosen

<Next>

In this part (3 - Destination Type) I can only choose <Data Type> as "Application Data" and <Destination Type> as "Single Server Connection".

If I choose <Data Type> as "Dictionary Meta Data" and <Destination Type> as "Load-balanced Connection" I cannot make the Test and Ping to work. I can only get a approved test and ping with "Application Data" and "Single Server Connection". With This scenario I get the above mentioned error when trying to run the Flightlist demo (Deploy works fine though).

<Next>

If I've chosen "Dictionary Meta Data" and "Load-balanced Connection" as above, this step looks like:

Message Server: ANB exts0002

System Name: ANB (greyed out)

Logon Group: PUBLIC

If I've chosen "Application Data" "Single Server Connection" as above, this step looks like:

Application Server: exts0002_ANB_00

System id: 00

Use SAProuter: (not choosen)

(This is the scenario that works with test and ping)

<Next>

In this part I just put in Name (user), password and language.

<Next>

In the last part (6 - Summary) in the "Connection" tab I see: Application Server: exts0002 and System Id: 00

So, how can I get "Dictionary Meta data" and "Load-balanced Connection" to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could the error depend on that the Version of Web AS on the R/3 machine is 6.20 and on my laptop locally it's 6.40?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It shouldn't matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you connect to the R3 server using the wingui and setting it up as a load balanced connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I can connect to that R3 with wingui perfectly fine but I'm no SAP guy so I don't know how I change this inside the R3 server?

But I talked to the tech guys that handles our R3 servers and they checked the logs with me doing "ping" and "test" in the SLD setup at my machine and their logs show that my ping gets to their machine but when they send an answer back it seems that their machine send it on random ports. At one time they send it back on the port 55989, another try shows that they send it back on 55952 and I'm quite sure that the firewall at our company doesn't have a whole IP-span open and that explains why I can't have that correct answer back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not much of a basis guy. Can one of the basis admins provide some insight into why this happens?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'ts solved!!

I had to install a VPN client to be able to use the ports NWDS wanted to use.

I'm sorry for any inconveniance I've caused by this long thread.

I sincerely want to thank you for helping me understand this much about the infrastructure of this though.

Many thanks !!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you defined a logon group on your R/3 side? You need to do that in SMLG transaction. Then within the transaction you need to define a 'favourite' by clicking the icon that looks like a server, and then double clicking the line with the word 'favourite' I don't remember the exact. You have to use the same logon group name. In the service field, you need to use 3200. To test the logon group is set up properly, you need to add the 'group' within the SAP gui. You need to add, not add and logon. once it is added, then you logon to it. If you are able to logon to R/3 using the logon group, then you are set. The rest of the JCo and SLD should come in place nicely.

I did this steps and I am using the sneak preview Java SAP Netweaver 04 SP15 and sneak preview ABAP SAP netweaver 04s. I've been able to use the flightlist demo and even custom RFC Function module created by me.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've done this now. Hope it helps, But from your answer " did this steps and I am using the sneak preview Java SAP Netweaver 04 SP15 and sneak preview ABAP SAP netweaver 04s" I interpret as you're saying that SAP NetWeaver 04 SP11 Sneak Preview (Slim Java Edition) does not cut it?. Or am I assuming the wrong thing?