cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget control on Asset is possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS experts,

Our client wants to handle the procurement of assets like Building etc.,. I feel this can be handled thru projects in PS and IM- For budget Control. But our client wants only IM without WBS and IOs.

They want the budget control directly on asset only. Can we give budget to the assets.

How do I convince the client that they would go for PS or IO.

Any valuable suggetions appriciated.

This is a bit urgnt. Need help.

thanks ,

San.

Edited by: Sanjana on Nov 3, 2008 11:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The previous posts are correct.

You cannot use Investment Management as a standalone budget module with the asset module. Any budget control is through internal orders or WBSE.

You do have the option referred to the SAP help as statistical budget monitoring for direct capitlization. This means that you can procure and post directly to the asset record, and have the WBSE or internal order on the asset master be updated statistically.

Because of this assignment of the asset to the order/WBSE, the availability control function can operate against the asset transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Williams, Paul Annotee and Virendra.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to do Budget control on an asset.

You need for this an Internal order or WBS

It is possible to use AUC in asset management without IO or WBS but then there is no Budget control

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Budget control is on WBS only

What you can tell the client is to create one AuC per WBS whihc will be eventually an asset - that way there can be control per asset (i.e per WBS)

PS would be a better option than IO