cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS guys,

Can anybody pl. tell me the step-by-step config. settings for assigning digital signature for the document statuses.

How it works?

Regards

Laxmikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have also a similar Issue.... I need to create the smartform and put the Digital Signature on the PDF generated through it.

could you help me how to do that???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The required settings are made under Document Management >> Approval >> Define Signature Strategy

1. Assign a signature strategy to the document status.

2. Also the required settings are made under Document Management >> Control data >> Define document type >> Define document status. (You can select any status for which you want digital signature for approval)

3. Assign a signature strategy to the document status.

4. Save the changes.

5. Create DIR

u2022 Once the Document is reached to that particular status it will ask for digital signature.

u2022 Choose Digital signature (Double click on Enter key).

6. The Digital Signature dialog box appears. Enter your comment in the text field. Select the individual signature strategy is assigned to you DIR. Put the login id and password.Thus the Digital signature process has been completed.

7. If you want to see the digital signature for your Document. Goto DIR and use menu 'Environment' >> 'Digital Signature'.

ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)The required settings are made under Document Management >> Approval >> Define Signature Strategy

2)Also the required settings are made under Document Management >> Control data >> Define document type (DC10)>> Define document status. (You can select any status for which you want digital signature for approval)

Assign a signature strategy to the document status( as per step 1).

Save the changes.

Create DIR

Once the Document is reached to that particular status it will ask for digital signature.

Choose Digital signature (Double click on Enter key).

The Digital Signature dialog box appears. Enter your comment in the text field. Select the individual signature strategy is assigned to you DIR. Put the login id and password.Thus the Digital signature process has been completed.

If you want to see the digital signature for your Document. Goto DIR and use menu 'Environment' >> 'Digital Signature'. You will find all the details.

thank you,

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

wITH THE SETTINGS in customization while releasing i am getting warning message i.e. You must make a digital signature for this status ''You must make a digital signature for this status'' but i am not getting the field where to enter the signature. Pl.help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly in which step you are getting the error?

Hope in Define Signature Strategy in signature method hope you have selected system signature authorization by SAP user ID/ Password.

and same Signature Strategy to be linked in the DC10 for document status.

hope you have followed the exact steps.

Thank you,

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you said i define signature stratregy correctly. But still i am getting warning message ''You must make a digital signature''in CV02N WHEN I AM entering document status as Release for which i assigned sig. strategy.

I don't know where to make a digital signature.

Pl.clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i press enter i am getting the error''Current digiotalsignature process has been terminated''

I am not getting the dialog box as u said. I did it 2-3 times but getting the same problem.

Kndly help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friend,

check with your BASIS consultant for authorization of Object Class "BC_A" & Authorisation Object "S_GUI" with all activities(keep it as " * ").

let me know if this will help you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked with basis, there is no authorization related issue. Actually i am not getting digital signature box in CV02N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked with basis, there is no authorization related issue. Actually i am not getting digital signature box in CV02N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are in right track.

Just follow the step after getting this message ( ''You must make a digital signature'') you double click on right icon (i.e enter button on top right hand side on same window in second row).

The new window will appear there if you have any comment write it or select the digital strategy (if more than one appears), enter the password which is the same password for sap logon then enter.

Hope this will solve your query.

Thank you,

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are getting the mesage: current digital signature process has been terminated, check the user data in txn SU01. Make sure that first and last name is maintained for users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan

me too had the same problem, and it got resolved when fitst name & last name was given..

But still an error comes showing "SSF error : unabale to find external security product."

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know much about external security product.

If you haven't gone through this thread yet, here it is. May help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope your problem has solved? If not I can assist you further.

Thank you

Regards,

Seema Pilankar