cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check all

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a requirement to select all check boxes if user checks the "all" check box.

i wrote the following code wdDoModifyView, its checking the check boxes but i can see only after clciking search button on te view.

IWDCheckBox chkall= (IWDCheckBox) view.getElement("All");

IWDCheckBox nameChk=

(IWDCheckBox) view.getElement("name");

IWDCheckBox mailChk=

(IWDCheckBox) view.getElement("mail");

if(chkall.getChecked()==true){

mailChk.setChecked(true);

nameChk.setChecked(true);

}

tahnks,

Damodhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Damodhar,

1. First, bind "checked" property of ordinary check boxes to context attributes (type boolean).

2. Second, create action handler for "ALL" check box, in this handler iterate over attributes and set element value to true for every attribute.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

P.S. From usablity point of view it is better to implement "All" as a link2action rather then check box. Or additionaly you may disable all ordinary check-boxes when All is clicked.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if user checks "all" check box, then he must see the check marks for "Name" and "mail" in the browser.

i hope this give some idea.

example:

http://javascript.internet.com/buttons/check-all.html

i can set the checked value to true, but i have to show user in the browser in the runtime.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Silaev,

I did same process as you mentioned, it's working fine for setting checked property to true.

My problem i want to show the user check mark for all check boxes if checks the all check box apart fro above.

Thanks,

Damodhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Damodhar,

Could you paraphrase your last statement?

Let us use terms <b>ALL</b> chebox and <b>ordinary</b> checkboxes for clarity.

VS

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhar,

May be it is better to set node element selection for data node which is bound to checked property.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.