cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password to Admin User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's

I want to create Password for Admin user. I did it in normal way. Due to this Automatic import server, syandicator server stopped runnning.

I could learn that i should not do it in normal way, but to do some changes in mdis.in & mdss.in configuration.

I don't think i excatly know the solution, could you guys please guide me thru.

Thanks in advance

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Kindly update us on your queries.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I tried to do changes in mdis.ini & mdss.ini.

In mdis.ini, when i delete PasswordE and added Password=abcd & saved it, after restarting in could not see any changes in the mdis.ini pasword.

In mdss.ini, when i did the same, i could see new PasswordE was created.

Could you guide me please, how to proceed further.

Regards

Srihari Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Hope you have restarted Import Server only and check whether you have modified the parameter for your repository only.

Delete the MDIS.ini file and restart the Import Server, you will find that the file mdis.ini will be created automatically. Now follow the same procedure that remove "E" and enter the password and restart the Import Server.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

What ever password you have given in the MDM console for login and connecting to the repository ,the same login credential needs to be present in the mdis.ini and the mdss.ini file for automatic importing and syndication.

If you are login the rep with the admin and have changed the pwd for the same in the console.

You just need to open the mdis .ini file and under the repository that you are using mention the Username as Admin and pwd as given.

once you save and close this file it gets converted in the PwdE.ie encryted pwd for security.

If this is not working as above you just have to remove E from the encrypted pwd and mention the pwd there.

after doing this restart the import server from services.msc from the system.

repeat the same steps for Syndication as well.

Kindly follow the below steps to understand better:

Automatic Import and Syndication through server:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for your valuable guidence. I could solve my problem.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since you changed the password for Admin and same was not replicated in mdis.ini and mdss.ini the import server and syndication server stopped.

Replicate the password if using the Admin user in Import and syndication.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

How to replicate the password for Admin in mdis.ini & mdss.ini?

As per my knowledge if i write Password=abcd in mdis.ini file, will it automatically convert password in to passwordE.

Could you please guide.

cheers

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Remove the E frorm the PasswordE and enter the Admin password. Restart the Import and Syndication Server and check again. It should get converted to PasswordE again with some bigger value i.e. Encoded value.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja