cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign a value when import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working on vendor master data import from excel file.

in the file there is no field for account group.

i am maintaining account group in MDM linked to vendor id.

during import process can i add account group?

i guess using workflow assignments it can be achieved, can somebody guide me the process.

Sonali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Please follow the below steps:

1. Create an Assignment and try to run it manualy.

2. Create a workflow with Autolaunch = Immediate, Trigger Actions = Record Import.

Design: Start -> Assign -> Stop

In Assign step pass the assignment name created

3. Open the Import Manager, perform the mapping as per the scenario. Select Configuration -> Options, under the section Import pass the workflow name against the field Checkout/Workflow.

4. Save the map

5. Close the import manager and open it again, Open the saved map and check the configuration options again to verify that workflow name exits. Save the map and perform the import.

6. Verify the result in MDM Data Manager.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few more queries on the same process.

Where do we create workflow in Datamanager?

can we assign more then one assignments during import?

ex: one for account group and another for partnumber.

can we use the same process for automated imports?

Thanks again.

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

1. Open the MDM Data Manager, select the Workflows table from the top left drop down list, right click on Record Pane and select Add similarly we add new records. Now peform the settings posted by me in the above thread.

Note: You should have installed WorkflowInstall_Ver and Microsoft Visio in order to use Workflow functionality

2. You can use as many assign steps you want in one workflow. For every assignment create one Assign step.

3. You can use same process for Automatic Import since settings are saved in Import map.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assignments can be run only on fields in the repository.

yet if u want to syndicate account group u can use the merge items property of syndicator.

In excel sheet maintain vendor ID and account group.Go to merge items tab-create new-select the source as excel sheet newly created-include common filed as vendor ID -additional fileds as acc group.You can see the acc group added.

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha L on Nov 3, 2008 9:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nisha,

I am doing Import using Import manager.

During import process i need to assign a value from lookup table.

please let me know if this is clear.

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes u can do this thru assignments and workflow.Create a assignment.Then create a workflow say start-assign-stop.Trigger action as record import.

In Import manager configuration options -select the workflow name.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nisha,

Thanks for the information. It is really helpful.

Would you be able to give me steps (end to end).

example: Configure import map.

Configure Workflow

To workflow add assignments to add the field account group

select workflow in the import map.

start import process, then workflow will trigger and assign account number by referring account group lookup table.

It will be really helpful

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In data manager first create a assignment for Account group.Then create a workflow(start-assign-stop) with trigger action as record import.

In import manager create a map ,in configuration options select the name of workflow created in data manager.Save the map and execute the import.It will automatically trigger the workflow.

regards

Nisha