cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste Management:Waste Approval & Waste Code Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While assigning a Waste Code to a Waste Approval, I am getting an error "Code or validity period already exists" though this Waste Code is not yet assigned to this Waste Aprroval. Further, during this activity, the description of some already assigned Waste Code is also getting replaced with the description of Waste Code I am trying to assign now. Can anyone suggest how to rectify this error?

Thanks,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I suggest to check for local regulations at both recipt and generation points (variant for each country), say legislations in particular country before asigning specific code to the waste approval.

second thing, the change in the assigned description for waste code may be due to mismatching of the data with master data / specific legislations of the receipt point/ mode of transporation/ packing etc. To rectify the errors, re-verify the master data and legislations and saftey data shet assigned to the waste.

regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Thanks for the comments, but I do not think this is the issue. Other SAP clients with the same data are working fine. Their, I can add waste codes to waste approvals woithout any issues.

Thanks,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Please check the Snote 1044156, it can be the system error,

If the problem still remains, please let me know the error message.

Regards,

Srinivas Nookireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your response. About this SAP note I am already aware of, but my concern is that with same package details, why the other clients (SEQ & DEV) are working fine and only Production is malfunctioning?

Though, we are preparing to apply this SAP note.

Thanks,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Go to

SPRO > EHS --- Environment Paramenters > WAM_MD_NO_DOUBLE_ENTRY_CHECK

Remove the X Mark from there ... and ur are ready to go

regards

Sabyasachi