cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict users from testing Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to restrict users from testing Message mappings and Interface Mappings. Is there any way?

Even if users are not able to view these MM and IM will do.

Regards

Arpil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This blog will help,

[How to... add authorizations to Repository objects|]

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have implemented that blog. It restricts user from editing the objects, not from viewing them. Hence testing the message mappings is still possible.

Regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was not aware of that!

I don't know the exact roles; but in one of our projects; the Security Team set up roles in such a way, that we could not test mappings in the IR.

Maybe that is the option to go forward. Would need the help of a SAP Security guy and you should be able to restrict the roles of the user such that mapping execution will not work.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From help.sap,.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c3/e3072e65f04445a010847aa970b68b/content.htm

To test mapping programs in the Integration Repository, users require the role SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE, SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER_J2EE, SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE, oder SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I will try this by removing these roles. But i have one query, whether after that users will be allowed to create any mappings/objects or not?

Regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, without the role SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE, the user will not be allowed to create the mapping object.

Regards,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is development environment you are worried about; as you create objects in IR only in Development Environment; then I think you definitely need all these roles assigned to your users and need to use the option as described in Michal. Ofcourse people would be able to test their mappings and others mapping in IR, but this should not be of a concern on Development; it is always Editing of objects that is a concern.

On production, you will never create objects in IR and hence you can confidently take of these roles from the user.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

Regards