cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Defination for Storage Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My concern is on mapping of storage bin. My client declares production with units - pallets. This Pallets are kept in storage bin( 2 - Two, per bin). But my client wants to track further details of pallet. Now, in pallet cartons are stored. Number of cartons vary upon finished product. Say for product A- 5 cartons, product B - 6 and so on. The size of pallet is uniform.

In the above scenario how to track : *

1. Details at carton level per pallet in storage bin?.

2. How to restrict number of pallets (here 2) per bin.*

Thanks for help in advance

Regards,

Ravi Davda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

For your requirement, please maintain data as below

1. In Definition of Bin maintain the maximum capacity of the bin.

2. In the material master of the required material in WM view, maintain palletization data. Here you are allowed to maintain 3 combination per material. e.g. 3 carton per pallet or 6 carton per pallet.

3. In search strategy of storage type, use 'I' - addition to existing bin and use capacity check active. Due to this you will allow to use the same bin till its maximum capacity.

4. From status of empty bin and bin status report you may check the status of empty and loaded bins.

Anything more required, please let me know

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In addition to this as per your requirement create new storage type indicator for different sizes and assign it to required bin master

e.g. E1 - Product A - 5 cartons

E2 - Product B - 6 cartons

This E1 or E2 you asiing it to Bin master so it will pick the required bin as per the size of pallet and Box.

Amol