cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile 7.1 - The application link is not visible in the client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We encountered a problem in Mobile 7.1 - the application link is not visible in the client.

In the "Installed Applications" section is written:

serviceapp/1/Success

newapp.appservapp/1/newapp.appservapp.war

CustomerService/Service Order application/hidden

As we understand, it means that the application is successfully installed but is not visible.

In the middleware, under Mobile Component Management, in the Properties tab for our application, the HOMEPAGE_VISIBLE property is empty. Is this a reason of the problem? How can we change this property? "Manage Setup Device Properties" section is grey and cannot be launched...

Thanks in advance,

Sergey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julien,

It's not possible to regenerate SAP BASIS in SDOE_CLEANUP because its not in the list of available SWCVs. Maybe we should perform regeneration to our application SWCV (ServiceOrderApplication)?

In addition, in your first answer you wrote that there are 2 different activations for rules. Can you explain please what are these activations?

Can the reason of this problem be in deployment configuration of NWDS 7.1 (I'm trying to explain why just after the upload of sda with application the flag HOMEPAGE_VISIBLE is empty)?

Thanks in advance,

Sergey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You did not get me right here. You cleanup in SDOE_CLEANUP and regenerate in the work bench.

There is the generation + activation of the rule in the workbench then you have to go in the admin portal and enable each rules.

How do you upload your sda? How di you generate the sda?

Julien.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julien,

It's not possible to regenerate SAP BASIS in SDOE_CLEANUP because its not in the list of available SWCVs. Maybe we should perform regeneration to our application SWCV (ServiceOrderApplication)?

In addition, in your first answer you wrote that there are 2 different activations for rules. Can you explain please what are these activations?

Can the reason of this problem be in deployment configuration of NWDS 7.1 (I'm trying to explain why just after the upload of sda with application the flag HOMEPAGE_VISIBLE is empty)?

Thanks in advance,

Sergey

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got a lot of suggestions but unfortunately it didn't help...

1. The application is installed and the data objects and rules are activated (green color. is it what you mean?).

2. SWCV SAP BASIS is assigned to our device and operational. But I cannot unassign it. I can unassign the ServiceOrderApplication SWCV but not the SAP BASIS SWCV.

3. The queues SMQ2 are empty.

4. The user already has the authorization to deploy/sync the application. In addition, the user performs synchronization on this device without any problems. The synchronization succeeded but the application link is still invisible on the client side.

5. We perfomed delta reload for user details and authorizations of SAP BASIS but it didn't help.

6. The role SAP_DOE_ALL_APP_VISIBLE has already assigned to the user

Do you have any additional suggestions?...

As I understand in the "Installed Applications" section of the client configuration it shouldn't be written

"CustomerService/Service Order application/hidden" as in our case.

Instead of it, it should be "CustomerService/Service Order application/visible".

Am I right? Can it be the reason of the problem? And what parameter or definition is responsible for defining it?

Thanks,

Sergey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That would be the result not the reason;)

I would try to regerate SAP BASIS to see if any error happens (default, after installation generation sometime fails but is still shown green for some unknown reason). Clean out the swcv with SDOE_CLEANUP and reload the user/authorizations.

Then reinstall a new device and see if it works.

Have fun,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Assign this role SAP_DOE_ALL_APP_VISIBLE on DOE and then do a sync inorder to view your application link.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Under 7.1 there is more than this home page visible flag. You first have to go to the console on the middleware and check the device you are working with. Make sure the application is installed, make sure the data object (so the distribution rules) are assigned and activated (for rules there is 2 different activation).

After that you need to make sure that the SWCV SAP BASIS is assigned to your device and operational. Most of the time this problem occurs because it is not operational. Unassigns it and reassign it. If the problem persist, you might want to check the SAP_BASIS in the workbench to see if everything is green. Next step is to look at the queues (SMQ2) for SAP_BASIS and check if they are processed.

Finally you need to have authorization for your user to deploy applications/sync. Once you set those authorization, make sure you reload the data into your SAP_BASIS data object as they are the one that enable the client.

Not the first time as you might see

Julien.

http://www.msc-mobile.com