cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapinst: Database Instance: Oracle Client not installed? Listener not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm installing a Database Instance (NW7.0 ABAP) on Solaris SPARC with Oracle 10g. During installation sapinst terminates with the following error code. Installation is done as root. In my opinion the oracle client should get extracted by sapinst but it isn't. The directories for oracle are adapted in order to meet customer needs:

ORACLE_HOME: /orasoft/ora10g/SID/102

Oracle Stage Directory: /oracle/sap_orasoft/

Sapdata Home Directory: /oracle/SID/

Do you have any hints?

Thank you and kind Regards,

Raphael

ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBStd|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_OraClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_OraNetworkSrv|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|StartListener".

ERROR 2008-10-30 18:13:25.580 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:260]

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: lsnrctl: Parameter dbHome has to be a valid ORACLE_HOME.

WARNING[E] 2008-10-30 18:13:25.581

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: lsnrctl: Parameter dbHome has to be a valid ORACLE_HOME..

ERROR 2008-10-30 18:13:25.733 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:951]

FCO-00011 The step StartListener with step key |NW_ABAP_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|8|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBStd|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_OraClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_OraNetworkSrv|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|StartListener was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Assertion failed: lsnrctl: Parameter dbHome has to be a valid ORACLE_HOME.).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you install Oracle prior to start the installation of the SAP system?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

I am getting the same error while installing 4.7(Production) on windows 2003 server, database 9.2 and oracle client 10.2. If have the solution kindly reply.

Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error message you get has nothing to do with the oracle client.

The problem is the environment variable ORACLE_HOME.

Please set it to /oracle/<SID>/102_nn and try again (nn = 32 for 32-bit system or 64 for a 64-bit system).

Regards,

Konstantina