cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsaved documents in the solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When editing a document in the solution manager, transaction SOLAR01/SOLAR02/ RMMAIN - project documentation tab for example, all changes you make are not saved unless you try to close the document and answer "yes" to the question "do you want to save changes...".

This means that all the time you're editing the document and saving it using the "save" button inside the word/excel editor, nothing is realy saved...

As a result, when having network problems for example, if the system is shut down or logs you off, you loose all changes you have made in the document...

Do you have the same problem?

Thank you,

Adi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we advise users to check out document before editing and check in back when finished.

As you said, even if there is network problem or if there is any problem with Web AS and session disconnects, data will be lost.

Cheers,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

I also use this technique, but the risk is that someone would check in the wrong version of the document or forget to check the document in.

I have opened an OSS message on the subject, and i'll be happy to update you on the results.

Best regardes,

Adi