Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net configuration

igor_vernelen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help in configuring our .Net PDK.

<b><u>Old situation</u></b>

Before we had 1 servernode (Server00) running on our Windows(ip 89.9.32.190) machine for the .Net runtime. This was connected to our development portal with following settings :

Portal Server : localhost:8051

.Net runtime Server : * 89.9.32.190:8050

And working OK.

<u><b>New Situation</b></u>

On our portal machine we added a second portal installation to be our acceptance(QA)-environment. On our windows machine we added a second server node running on port 8048. So on our QA-portal I made almost the same config as above (except for the portnumber) :

Portal Server : localhost:8051

.Net runtime Server : * 89.9.32.190:8048

What we see now is that on our development portal the .Net Iviews are still working properly. However we cannot get the .Net iviews running on our QA-system. Should I start using PortalNode ID's for this in configuration, or can this not be the problem. (I now use no portal node ID for Portal Server and * in the portal node ID field of .Net runtime server).

The only error we see in our portal logs is work/std_server0.out:Feb 15, 2006 2:19:46 PM com.sap.portal.dotnet [Thread[PRT-Async 2,5,PRT-Async]] Fatal: Problem Conecting to host: tcp://89.9.32.190:8048 on StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

Hope someone can help !

Regards,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Could you post which portal version & SP are you using & which PDK version are you using.

Since you added a second portal installation on the same portal machine, you have to use a different port then 8051, since it is already taken by the development portal.

Regards,

Tsachi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

igor_vernelen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thx,

Solved my problem !

Regards,

Igor.

(Points were rewarded )