Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of cost during PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Geetings!

I have a scenerio. Suppose the cost of material during order creation was 100 Rs. in VPRS.

We created delivery after 15 days & during that time the standard price in material master has been changed to 120 Rs.

How system will take new cost during PGI to be posted in inventory accounting & same should reflect in billing document.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I assume that the cost (VPRS) captures during creation of Sales order will have a pecedence as system have already captured the data while creation of Sales Order. This requires to be tested.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

I am using standard price S in material master.

Pricing in billing can be redetermined for new cost.

But for posting in FI during PGI takes cost from the sales order, this should be redermined during PGI & same should flow in billing.

Thanks,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

I have tested a scenario for a material which is having standard price in material master

- Sale Order created on 13-10-07 with VPRS INR 589.47

- PGI done on 25-10-08

- Cost taken on Posting Date (25-10-08) INR 655.80 which is the cost in material master

So as I said earlier, while doing PGI, cost will be taken from material master only and not from the order. Of course, you can redetermine this in billing, as you said.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Maintain Pricing procedure for Delivery Document .........as same like........Sales Document...

In LE>Basic Function->Pricing--->Define Pricing procedure for Delivery....

You can see In the Condition Tab in Delivery Document Item Level....

There You can Change the Freight......you much as you can...

Please revert me back..if you not get the solution..

Regards

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx.... to all

Thanks Laxmipathi for your efforts.

Warm Regards,

Ravi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the below Price Types for more clarity...

B - Carryout New Pricing

D - Copy Pricing elements unchanged

N - Transfer Pricing components unchanged, New Cost

Thanks,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

I go with Jonathan bcoz, during PGI only, your stocks get reduced and that will be the FI posting date. So system will consider Rs.120/- only in your case assuming that it is a standard price in material master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The pricing initially happens in Sales order and all the subsequent documents are created only with reference and to faclitate this, we maintain copy controls. In configuring the copy controls, we have the option of PRICE TYPE. With the help of this field Price Type, you can specify that, whether all the pricing elements are to be copied from the sales order(source document)-as it is without any changes, or redetermine all the prices(new pricing), copy all the pricing elements and redetermine scales, redetermine cost, redetermine taxes...like wise there are so many options. If you specify that the prices are to be copied- then the system will determine only 100 for VPRS and if it is configured for redetermination - then 120 will be determined for VPRS(since it is the valid record for this date).

Hope I have not confused you.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

assuming you use standard instead of moving average, you should be getting a cost of 120 at the time of PGI.

however, whether costs can be reconfigured is something for others to hopefully opine on.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Please tell me the what pricing you have taken S or V

Standard Or Moving Average.

If your price is a Standard Price S you cannot change the same after you have created the order.

The price is determined from the standard price

So there is no procedure to change the standard price if you have used S.

In case you are using the V moving average price.

Then price is determined from the moving price feild

Which you cannot change at that time you can change the standard price.

However if in the MM side at the time of GRN if the price changes the moving average price takes care of the pricing component for the moving average price V.

Regards,

A S