cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schedule line

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i actually have read much of this subject in the forum but i still not quite get it.

1) why on top of SO line, there is a schedule line? what is that for?

2) SO shedule line and PO delivery schedule. are they serving the same function? of course i do know 1 is sales and another is purchase. i mean function wise.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us assume you received an order for one material and the customer is asking you to delivery in two different dates with some quantity break up.

In order to fulfill this requirement, in sale order, you need to maintain the different dates with quantity that you would despatch. Accordingly, stock will be confirmed and you can do PGI and billing.

In short, for the same material ordered by customer, you can maintain different delivery dates at schedule line level.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1 can i say the schedule line is for confirmed to be delivered and confirmed date of delivery?

2 can an order without schedule line? under what situation there is no schedule line?

3 SD schedule line and mm delivery schedule. are they same function? which means mm delivery schedule is to confirm the receipt qty and date?

thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Yes we can say like that

2) No without schedule line, you cannot save a sale order

3) Schedule line in terms of SD, we can say that you are planning to despatch the material to customer and in terms of MM, you are asking your vendor to supply the material to you on the specified dates.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The two most important function of schedule line are as follows:

1) It specify Delivery date

2) It specify Delivery Quantity.

It is determined by item category and MRP Type.