Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table space probelm

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

when i am trying to increase the space in sysaux which is 94.88% (presently) using brtools it is striking an warning like ::::

BR1049W Not enough free space in D:\oracle\P01\sapdata1\sysaux_2 for total maxim

um size of all database files of tablespace PSAPSR3 located on this disk volume,

missing at least 3344.247 MB

BR0668I Warnings or errors occurred - you can continue to ignore them or go back

to repeat the last action

BR0280I BRSPACE time stamp: 2008-11-01 11.20.57

BR0670I Enter 'c[ont]' to continue, 'b[ack]' to go back, 's[top]' to abort:

why is that when i am increasing the space in sysaux it is showing message related to psapsr3 . when i check the psapsr3 space is it only 85.4%.

how to increase the space for sysaux.

help needed,

regards,

bhupesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

why is that when i am increasing the space in sysaux it is showing message related to psapsr3 . when i check the psapsr3 space is it only 85.4%.
how to increase the space for sysaux.
help needed,

Thats because, PSAPSR3 must have the datafiles in the same drive D. when you say 85.4 % full, you might be looking at autoextend space. That means some extents might be assingned to the datafile only when required after reaching the max space. Maintaining autoext option doesn't directly assing space to the datafile, but it does it assigning one by one extent at required time.

to avoid the warning, before you find an tablespace full error, add more space at OS level.

Regards,

Debasis.

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi sahoo,

increasing the space at OS level means, to delete any old log files. u mean to say this or is there any other way to increase the space.

if so how .

can u tell the method in detail.

regards,

bhupesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No... it means that you need to add more disk space to your current drive or to move the new tablespaces to a new drive.

Regards

Juan

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi juan,

i really wonder with the behaviour of the table space sysaux.

yesterday when i checked it . it was 94.8% but now when i see the same thing it is 93.4%.

i didn't do anything on the table. neither i didn't add any space to the table or at the OS level.

would u guide me why this type of strange behaviour i am seening in the sysaux table.

the auto extend option is set to yes in this case.

<removed_by_moderator>

regards,

bhupesh

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Nov 3, 2008 10:38 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SYSAUX is the "Oracle auxiliary system tablespace"

More info about SYSAUX

http://stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/10g/server.101/b10739/create.htm#i1011308

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have "autoextend" configured, and total maximum size for all database files of tablespace PSAPSR3 located on this disk volume, missing at least 3344.247 MB.

What not clear?

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you are extending the tablespace, in the option list no-6 is autoextent default wil be yes, set the value as NO . Then you try to increase the tablespace.

regards

MLN