cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cogs of pgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i understand that during pgi, the cogs account is determined via obyc.

1) when i click goods issue delvy at document flow button, i see it links to mb03.when i double click the item line, i can see the gl account under account assignment. may i know when is this gl account added?

2) may i know how and where the amount for goods issue determined which i can see in accounting doc.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The Cost Of Goods Sold (COGS) is nothing but the value determined for the condition type VPRS (Cost). Pl compare the value determined for VPRS in the sales order and the value posted in the GL account during PGI for COGS.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1 where and how does the system know to get the vprs cond type cost and debit this cost amount in cogs?

2 the cost amount is same in both condition tab vprs and cogs during pgi?

thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is really the complex point to understand the way that physical stock input/output communite with the CO. For every consultant, this is a big challenge.

as i understand, the IMG likes:

1. Assign Movement Type to Schedule Line

2. Define the Movement Type, Allowed Transaction of Movement Type, and Accounting Group of Movement Type <OMJJ>

3. Define the Account Determination <OBYC>

The Transaction likes:

1. when create SO, system auto get the movement type based on the Schedule Line Setting.

2. when create DN, it copys from SO.

3. when PGI in DN, the physical stock will be consumed. the stock should be convert to cost. system will search out transaction key<GBB> and Acct Modif<VAX> from Movement Type Setting, and the valuation class<7928> from material master. then find out the Debit/Credit Acct based on Account Determination.

In addition, if you active the "Valuation Group", you shoud group valuation area and company code by "Valuation Group".

Hope this is helpful for you.

BEST REGARDS

DAVE

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The VPRS will be determined in the sales order(depends on the pricing procedure) and it is statistical. The same will be copied into the delivery or redetermined again depending on the copy control settings for the field PRICE TYPE where we can specify whether the values (esp redetermine COST also) should be redetermined or not.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, ask comm.

to view the cost of goods, here are at least 2 ways:

1. in any sales doc, click document flow; click on status overview and go to each item, when you click the item, the materials movement data with the cogs will be shown (this is as you explained).

2. in the billing doc, either in change or display mode, click on 'accounting docs'; the FI entries will be shown.

GL accounts in OBYC is usually done by the FI and/or MM consultant.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i infact already known what you explained.

what i need to know is mentioned in these 2 point in PGI.

1) when i click goods issue delvy at document flow button, i see it links to mb03. when i double click the item line, i can see the gl account under account assignment. may i know when is this gl account added?

2) may i know how and where the amount for goods issue determined which i can see in accounting doc in goods issue delvy.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

ravi explained well on your second issue. the system will get the VPRS (either standard or moving average) in MMR during time of PGI and not necessarily from VPRS in sales order.

as to the first (when GL accounts added), this is done with consideration to valuation class. of course, this is best done during the initial config, even before SD transactions are made. however, there can be changes in FI settings and/or MM requirements, necessitating additional config or modifications in OBYC, so this is done even with existing SD transactions.

if you look at OBYC closely, you will see transaction GBB (offsetting entry for inventory posting). this would be of interest to SD. you will see other transactions, many of which are more directly related to MM.

not sure if i addressed your issues properly. do please post again.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Nov 1, 2008 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ya, i got a good explanation and point given.

i need to know these 2 point.

1 where and how does the system know to get the vprs cond type cost and debit this cost amount in cogs?

2 the cost amount is same in both condition tab vprs and cogs during pgi?

thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

the vprs in billing should be the same as amount during PGI.

the default action of the system is to get VPRS from acctg view 1 (material price) in MMR during PGI .

so, it is possible you have VPRS in sales order, then VPRS was changed later in MMR, then delivery/PGI done after change. the system will get the new VPRS.

(i will check if the VPRS taken is on system date or actual movement date)

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks alot. i leave this thread open during your finding.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi again.

these are the results of my test:

1. sales order dated today (01 nov 2008) for material X1001, VPRS at 832.05 per unit.

2. changed price for material (effective 20 oct 2008) to 900.00 per unit.

3. created delivery (10 nov 2008) and PGI for material (actual movement date 10 oct 2008).

4. PGI used 900.00 as cogs.

apparently, the system used the system date and not the actual date for material movement. the later date further affects inventory posting but, apparently again, not cogs.

perhaps somebody else can contribute as to whether the date of cogs effectivity during PGI can be configured or if this is really SAP default?

thanks and cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

appreciate your checking.

1 but i a bit confused of the date.

-what do you mean actual movement date 10 oct 2008?

-832.05 is the latest revision inventory valuation in mm03?

-900.00 is also is inventory valuation in mm03?

1. sales order dated today (01 nov 2008) for material X1001, VPRS at 832.05 per unit.

2. changed price for material (effective 20 oct 2008) to 900.00 per unit.

3. created delivery (10 nov 2008) and PGI for material (actual movement date 10 oct 2008).

4. PGI used 900.00 as cogs.

2 when you said system date, it means followed the date which i do pgi and not the sales order date vprs cond type?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

when you do PGI, you can actually specify on what date PGI should be reflected. you can do this while editing the delivery document (go to 'goods movement' tab, and you will find 'actual' below the 'planned' movement date) or when collectively doing PGI.

in effect, you want to reflect changes in inventory on 10 oct 2008. but the value is, i believe, still based on system date.

i will test some more once i can get access to a more stable SAP environment.

cheers. and thanks!!!