cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defining logical warehouses for separating duty paid and duty unpaid stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

business scenario: if the same bin is to be used for storing duty paid stock at one point of time and then after a few days once this duty paid stock has been issued the same bin needs to be used for storing duty unpaid stocks, how can this be done in WM ????

One suggestion that came up was the development of logical warehouses or virtual warehouses in the system, one for duty paid and another for duty unpaid stocks. I would like to know how to do this in SAP and if there is any other solution for this situation.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAPMAN,

What's your process exactly?

Do you mean that the "duty paid stock" can be stored anywhere in the WH, the only restriction that it cannot mingle with other stocks? As I know, "duty paid stock" should be stored in separate part of the WH.

Based on what can you make difference between your stocks? Where do you know which item is "duty paid stock" and which is not?

E.g. if you cannot make difference between your goods and you want to avoid confusion, you can maintain a separate SLoc for your goods. That SLoc can be managed under the same WH no. and in stock reports you can see clearly which quant to which SLoc belongs. But I do not know your situation, please clarify it.

What is that you want exactly?

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 1, 2008 4:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

due to space constraints in the warehouse, it is not possible to have a separate area only for duty paid stock and another separate area only for duty unpaid stock. that is the problem hence i would like to use the same bin, once for storing duty paid stock and after that entire bin stock has been shipped to the customer, when that bin is empty, i would like to use it for storing duty unpaid stock. so at one point of time the bin will be having duty paid stock only and at another point of time the same bin will be having duty unpaid stock. but duty paid and duty unpaid stock cannot be mixed since if customs people come for an inspection, i should be able to pinpoint the exact bins which are having duty paid stock and which bins are having duty unpaid stock so that customs can verify that the legal requirements have been complied with.

also during the outbound delivery processing time, depending upon whether the customer requires duty paid or duty unpaid stock the system should propose the correct bin from which the correct type of stock (i.e duty paid or duty unpaid) is to be picked for the delivery processing.

this is the scenario. pls suggest what options do i have for doing this within SAP.

thanks

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You didn't answer my question that based on what you can make difference between your stock?

- if you make difference between your stocks according to batch, you shouldn't allow "mixed storage" for the storage type

- if you are using different valuation types, even addition to stock function cannot be used

In this case you could give in the SO or in the Delibery doc the valuation type or the batch (in case of use of different batch numbers for different lots it would be more difficult to use since WH memebres should give manually the batch numbers...).

The "different SLocs under same WH" sceanrio suggested in my first message should be also considered. In this case, giving the desired SLoc in the delivery, the picking would be very easy to do.

I don't know the exact solution, but maybe I would prefer this latter one (2 SLocs + 1 WH).

Maybe the others have also some idea and maybe you should also ask Svetja's opinion on SAPfans forum.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 1, 2008 5:19 PM

Answers (0)