cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in validation an input field in a table ui and high lighting the cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a table ui in one of my application. This table has, say 6 columns; out of these 6 columns 4 columns are shown as input fields. User needs to put in some numbers in two of the fields. I need to capture these two number fields data and subtract one from the other. If number is negative , I need to let the user know by error message that the number is negative and they need to fix their input to make the answer positive. I am able to do all this, but I am not able to high light the corresponding field which needs to be fixed. Is there anyway I can do that...I mean high light the particular field as one gets it when we use the "report attribute error message" method of message manager class.

Secondly I can not halt the application, I need to do some work around for that using some flags. Is there a simple way to halt the application, other than using flags and if condition? I searched this forum, but could not find any definite answer....

Thanks very much!

Any help would greatly be appreicated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

raja_narayanan2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi....

First you should have the table values in an internal table.... for that yo need to get the values from the context like this....

*DECLARE INTERNAL TABLE AND WORKAREA.

data ls_nd_stru type wd_this->element_<node name>

data lt_nd_table type wd_this->elements_<node name>

• get all declared attributes

lo_nd_<your context node>->get_static_attributes_table(

importing

table = lt_nd_table ).

*now your lt_nd_table will have the values.....what ever you have in the table.

*then

loop at lt_nd_table into ls_nd_stru.

<.....your logic.....>

<ie., read the current line of the field like

ls_nd_stru-<field name1> = ls_nd_stru-<field name2> - ls_nd_stru-<field name3>

• then check error msg... based on your postive or negative values

endloop.

Hope this will help you....

Thanks & regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I know how to get the number and all the things. I want to know if there is a way to highlight the corresponding column which value needs to be changed. What I am doing is making that cell in red color. But what I want something similar to what we have when we write message with type "e", in regular ABAP.

If there is none than I guess I will stick to my solution.

Thanks for help!