Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MMC could not create snap-in after server restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

Greetings!

I am facing a situation were the SAP Instance is unavailable in the SAPMMC.

I had an EP 6 system installed only with the JAVA instance on Windows 2003 server with MS SQL. I had the installation and configuration of SLD, User Mapping, UME, and Knowledge Management successful.

I wanted to install SAPGUI in the server for accessing my R3 systems. After installing the SAPGUI, I had to restart the portal server. After this I am not able to find the SAP instance of the Portal system in the SAPMMC.

I tried all the methods to regain the SAP Instance Snap-in

1.Tried to Add a Snap-in from the SAPMMC u2013 but when I try adding the Stand Alone Snap-In, I get an error message MMC cannot initialize the snap-in name u2013 SAP Systems Manager

2.Starting the SAPSERVICES - SAP<SID>_00 & SAP<SID>_01 u2013 It gave an error message that u201CSAP<SID>_00 service could not be started, it comes up with the error: the SAP<SID>_00 service on Local Computer started

and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.u201D

3.Changing the logon of the services after changing the logon userID from SAPService<SID> to <SID>ADM u2013 I again encountered the error message that was mentioned above.

4.Checking the Path to Executable for both the services. u2013

(SAP<SID>_00 - E:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\exe\sapstartsrv.exe

pf=E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_JC00_hostname) & (SAP<SID>_01 - E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SCS01\exe\sapstartsrv.exe

pf=E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_SCS01_hostname)

5.Checking the share sapmnt and saploc and the access permissions for the same.

6.Starting the SAP System from the command line u2013 I get

message u201CSTARTSAP Continues u2026u201D

7.Starting the sapstartsrv.exe from the SAP Executables - In this try I got an error message mentioning that the DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY LIBRFC32U.DLL COULD NOT BE LOADED.

When I searched for the dll file in the server, I found the same in the SAPGUI Installation CD Dump and no-where else.

Could the Installation of SAPGUI 7.10 in the server cause any user permission problems or file permission changes?

I remember a message that appeared when I was installing and

uninstalling the SAPGUI, it is mentioned below,

Please switch your Terminal Server to install mode before running SAPSetup. You can do this using the command line "change user /install" and reset to execute mode using "change user /execute" after installation.

Do you want to correct your server mode now?

Please advice on the same. Could this cause any changes to the library file and pull down my server when it was restarted?

What should I do now to get back the instance in the SAPMMC and continue the normal working with all my old configurations?

Expecting your reply at the earliest.

Thank you

Regards,

Vineeth Damodar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPGUI shouldn´t be installed on the server, it will bring its own DLLs overwriting those the SAP system needs.

If you installed just a Java instance a SAPGUI makes even less sense on the system.

If you´re connected via Remote Desktop you have to switch the server to installation mode (change user /install) when you install software and back to execution mode (change user /execute); consult the Windows documentation for that.

Are you logged in as adm when you start the system? To which user did you change the sapstartsrv? If you use administrator, the correct environment will not bet set and hence you get the error message of missing libraries...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I had installed the SAPGUI as <SID>ADM user and uninstalled using the same user. When the prompt asked me to correct the server mode from execute to install I choose the option no.

I had installed the SAPGUI to access my R3 systems which is used as the backend for the portal system.

All my activities are done using the <SID>ADM user, I had assigned the services SAP<SID>_00 & SAP<SID>_01 to the user <SID>ADM.

I am also unaware of the login credentials for the user SAPService<SID>, can you please mention what may be the password of the same.

Is there any workaround available so that I can restore my DLL files and get the instance in the MMC and perform normal operations?

Expecting your reply.

Thank you

Regards,

Vineeth

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

2.Starting the SAPSERVICES - SAP<SID>_00 & SAP<SID>_01 u2013 It gave an error message that u201CSAP<SID>_00 service could not be started, it comes up with the error: the SAP<SID>_00 service on Local Computer started
and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.u201D

Did you check the NT event logs? if not please check what the log entries say while you manually tried to start the SAP services..

I am also unaware of the login credentials for the user SAPService<SID>, can you please mention what may be the password of the same.

if you're not aware of the password, then you may follow the below link to change the password

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f2/31ad95810c11d288ec0000e8200722/frameset.htm

Regards,

Debasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debasis,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I was able to regenerate the DLL files by starting the WAS installation using the SAPINST.

I just performed the initial steps of the installation without starting the installation. That regenerated the needed DLL file(s) to the Windows/system32 directory. I was able to find the SAP Instance in the SAPMMC and start the server.

Everything is fine as of now.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Regards,

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

could You tell me, how should I properly install SAP GUI on the Server with already installed SAP ERP 2005 with SQL SERVER DB?

Thank You in advance, Erika Mezmale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have reinstalled vcredist_x64.exe to resolve the same issue.

URL to download the above file is as follows

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=766A6AF7-EC73-40FF-B072-9112BAB119C2&dis...

Thanks and Regards,

Vishal S. Palaskar

Answers (0)