Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline scenario and drop downs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a few basic quesitons in Adobe Interactive forms with WebDynpro ABAP:

In an offline scenario, a couple of drop downs need to be provided in the Adobe form. The population of the values in the second drop down depend on the selection in the first drop down. My questions are:

1) Can the values in one drop down depend on the other like in the scenario I mentioned above? If so, where should this be programmed? Is it Java Script in the Interactive form layout in SFP transaction?

2) What is the most common mechanism used to load the drop downs with data from SAP tables? For example, if I want to load the Material drop down with Material values in ECC, how and when is that done?

Regards,

Puja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puja,

First of all, I confirm you that WebDynpro for ABAP is an Online Scenario and Offline Scenario is not dependant on WebDynpro(Java or ABAP) or Enterprise Portal.

1. In an Offline Scenario, we can populate the Second Drop Down based on the First Drop Down selected. This can be done by using JavaScript with the Change event. In this event (when a drop down value is selected), we need to the write the JavaScript WebService call, and using the response of the WebService we will be getting the values back to drop down by binding(here some scripting is to be done to fill the drop down's)

2. We generally use the Form Interface to fill the Master Data, like Material Numbers in the Drop Downs. The binding in the Form is to be done by using the Dynamic Properties that need to enabled in the Form and then we can bind the Internal Table to the respective Drop Down.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply.

In an Online scenario your answer holds good. However, I need to know where and how to maintain the drop down values (e.g. Material number) in an Offline Scenario. Are these Material numbers pulled from SAP when online and then maintained in an XML file or something similar?

Regards,

Puja

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Puja,

Check this [example|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c2567f2b-0b01-0010-b7b5-977cbf80665d], it may give you some hint.

Chintan

Edited by: Chintan Virani on Nov 3, 2008 2:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puja,

In an Offline scenario we have two ways

1. Form Interface:

In the form interface create an internal table with two fields and fill that using the Code Initialization.

Open the form in the designer.

Go to Tools -- Options -- Data Binding

Check "Show Dynamic Properties" and close it.

Select the dropdown

Go to Object Palette, binding tab

now in the default binding :

eg. $record.Node Name

Click on "Specify Item Values".

below the Binding

Items:$record.Internal Table in Form Interface.DATA[*]

Item Text: Text :Internal Table in Form Interface. Text column

Item Value: Value :Internal Table in Form Interface.value column

NOTE: If we specify using Form Interface then if any update is made to the master data like if new materials are added in MARA Table then we again need to execute the form to reflect the changes in the form also.

2. WebService:

Create a webservice for a Function Module, in FM write the select statements, goto the layout create new data connection using WSDL and make all bindings and in the Change event call the webservice by writing script and also we write the script to fill on the drop downs.

This is purely offline scenario.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Answers (0)