cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What tasks I should select in NWA Configuration Wizard for PI component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm in the stage of setting up the NetWeaver 2004S SR2. I've logged to the Net Weaver Administration console. According to documentation, to properly configure PI component I should execute Configuration Wizard task. The problem is that documentation is not very specific on what exact tasks I should execute, so I would like to get some advise from the community.

All tasks I can see are:

BI_00_This wizard will execute Postinstall steps of technical configuration of BI-Java Initial

DI_Allinone_This wizard run all post installation steps for DI, CBS, CMS and DTR. Initial

DI_CBS_This wizard run all post installation steps for CBS. Initial

DI_CMS_This wizard run all post installation steps for CMS. Initial

DI_DTR_This wizard run all post installation steps for DTR.

DI_This wizard sets the Oracle Parameters as per CSN note: 848708 Initial

MI_00_This wizard will execute Postinstall steps of technical configuration for the NetWeaver Mobile Infrastructures

MI_01_This wizard will create User and Assign Dedicated roles for the NetWeaver Mobile Infrastructure Initial

MI_02_create JCo Initial

MI_03_create TCP/IP

MI_04_register Connection Initial

MI_05_set profile in ABAP Initial

MI_06_schedule MI Job Initial

NWA_01_This wizard will execute configuration for local SLD Initial

NWA_02_SLD system : Connect SLD to CEN (if CEN present)

NWA_03_Creating a connection to the SLD and Setting required authorizations for SLD (CIM client settings)

NWA_04_Creating a connection to the ABAP stack of CEN and Starting heartbeat monitoring Initial

NWA_05_NWA system : Store access data per each managed Java system (optional) Initial

NWA_06_NWA system : Register each managed ABAP system to SLD Initial

NWA_07_creates Destination for Data Supplier Bridge

PI_00_This wizard will execute Postinstall steps of technical configuration for the PI Usage Initial

PI_01_This template checks if the necessary services are started Initial

PI_02_This wizard will test the BAPI call to SWF_XI_BPM_AUTO_CUSTOMIZE Initial

PI_03_This wizard will assign the Application roles Initial

PI_04_This wizard will Maintain_Technical_System

PI_05_This wizard will configure the integration server for sld Initial

PI_06_This wizard will create the necessary Destinations in ABAP Initial

PI_07_Create_RFC_Destinations_in_Java Initial

PI_08_This wizard will Maintain Http Destination Initial

PI_09_This wizard will configure Role of Integration server

PI_07_Create_RFC_Destinations_in_Java Initial

PI_08_This wizard will Maintain Http Destination Initial

PI_09_This wizard will configure Role of Integration server Initial

PI_10_This wizard will Register_Queues_NA Initial

PI_11_This template services are started

I guess I need to mandatory execute PI_XX tasks, but what about others - do I need to execute anything else (I need only PI component to be installed and configured)? Not sure if that makes any difference, but this is the very first time I get into the NWA, so no previous configuration tasks were executed from the Configuration Wizard.

My full system configuration: NetWeaver 2004S SR2 ABAP+Java, Windows 2003 32-bit with MS SQL Server 2005.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I was looking for the post-installation steps, and I would really like to get additional advise, however, as to sending it via e-mail - I'm not sure if that is appropriate on this forum. Forum moderators were very strict about that "Threads requesting documentation / information particularly via email addresses will be immediately locked and the user banned. Users who respond to these requests and send information via email will have their points unassigned."

So if you can just post here some information or if that is non-copyrighted public documentation provided by SAP - link will be greatly appreciated. I have also login within the SAP Marketplace, so if that is something required - the link will work for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

Please follow this procedure:

1) Using Config tool Modify VM setting as per requirement (OS and H/W Dependent) Refer note 723909 Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40/7.0.

2) To set Environmental Variable refer Note 314530 - Number of RFC/CPIC connections for external clients. These parameter should be taken care while installing templates

Set these:

1) gw/max_conn 2000

2) gw/max_sys 1200

3) gw/max_overflow_size 40000000

4) gw/max_shm_req 200 (this is to adjust the memory allocation)

Profile parameters

rdisp/tm_max_no 5000

rdisp/max_comm_entries 200

ITS

CPIC_MAX_CONV 5000(Should be taken care that it should be set for <sid>adm user

3) Installing Template

Go to home page

http://hostname:portnumber/webdynpro/dispatcher/

Click Deploy and change

4) After This Click Configuration tab and then click Install

For the next tab select scenario PI

And configure template and finally install

5) In case you face any problem while importing please read these notes for altering parameters

Note 314530 - Number of RFC/CPIC connections for external clients

Note 923359 - Collective Note: Configuration Wizard - Template Installer

Hope it will Help you at this stage at development stage

You need to import SAP BASIS Software Component Version into Integration Repository based on your SP Level & XI or PI.

You need to download it from [service market place.|https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=SEARCH&HIDE=&SEARCH_SPAT=X&SEARCH_BPAT=X&SEARCH_CD=X&SEARCH_P=X&SEARCH_PV=X&SEARCH_C=X&SEARCH_CV=X&SEARCH_TA=&SEARCH_V=&HIDE_EXPERT_SEARCH=X&SEARCH_MAX_RESULT=20 ]

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the detailed response. I'm currently stuck with the different problem:

However, I know that I did not install "SAP BASIS Software Component Version for XI/PI" (unless it installs automatically with SAP System). Could you please explain the simple terminology question - what SP abbreviation stands for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

SP Means Support Package

SR Means Support Release

Commonly Support Packages are released by SAP to fix bugs and sometime enhance functionlaties also.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

Do you want to know about post installation task of PI.Then i have the documentation to do that Please provide your email-id .

In short you need to install template,and import objects for PI.

Using NWA console.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi is it possible for you to share with me post installation task for PO 7.5 ?