cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do transport either configuration or normal development changes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is our client landscape:

1 Dev-SolMan->For all development and quality systems(ECC 6.0, BI and EP).

1 PRD-SolMan->For all production systems(ECC 6.0, BI and EP).

Note: We have build only DEV-SolMan system as of now and we haven't done any configuration yet like either service desk or ChaRm.

We have two questions now:

1. If we configure any service like service desk or ChaRm or early watch alert or system monitoring in DEV-SolMan, Then either we will move these configured services to PRD-SolMan(Assume PRD-SolMan is present) using normal transport mechanism or we will configure again these services in PRD-SolMan. i.e., Whatever we do in DEV-SolMan, We have to repeat in PRD-SolMan system also.

2. How do we transport the normal development changes from DEV->QAS->PRD?

i.e., ChaRm(assume it is configured) of DEV-Solman system will transport all development changes from DEV->QAS using CTS+/OTO. How does these changes will be transported from QAS->PRD? Will the ChaRm of PRD-Solman pull from QAS->PRD or Will the ChaRM of DEV-Solman itself move QAS->PRD?(if this is the case then what is the use of ChaRM of PRD-Solman).

Thanks

Sanjai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Holger,

I understand now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Holger.

You meant: If PRD-Solman is not alowed to change anything, then the configuration changes done on DEV-Solman will be attached to a transport request and that transport request will be moved to PRD-Solman. Is that correct?

For example: When we configure ChaRM in DEV-Solman, i hope we need to create project and other stuffs. Is this will be transported through transport request?

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjai,

The changes should be done in your development systems, always. For instance: If you want to change something in ECC landscape, you will do it in ECC-DEV, of course. The SolMan Prod system is controlling the transports, but the changes are done as you would do without CHaRM.

If you want to move changes through your SolMan landsape (let's say you have some CHaRM customizing), then your production Solution manager creates the transport request in SolMan-DEV, you do the changes in SolMan DEV and then the production SolMan system is moving the transport from SolMan Dev to Solman QA, and SolMan Prod.

Regards,

Holger

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

to 1+2)

All transports are controlled by one SolMan CHaRM client. Means: You should setup ChaRM in your production Solution Manager and from this system you will perform all actions (Logon to DEV, Create transports, do the change, release it, and so on).

To 1) Your option to configure these services in Prod Solman again is not the best way, because you should consider it as a production system and therefore the system is probably locked for chages.

Kind Regards,

Holger