cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Options & Parameters Alignments Problems

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, I have a problem aligning my select-options with my parameters in WD4A.

I have a tray, inside I have 2 transparent container, one for my parameters (context attributes) & one for my select-options.

ROOTUIELEMENT (FlowLayout)

- TRY_SELECTION (GridLayout - ColCount = 2)

TCO_1

(Context Attributes binded with the Create Container Form Wizard)

TCO_2 (Flow Layout)

VCU_SELECTON_SCREEN

The select options appears further then the parameters. I tried a lot of other options, changing from different layout and it does'nt seems to arrange them, any idea??

thanks

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you have got one parameter and one select options And you want to display display the select option below the parameter.

Airline <Input field>

Connection id <Input field> to <Input field>

OR

Purchase Org: ________ (Parameters)

Site: -

_________ TO ___________ (Select-Options)

Please try to do this way.

for the RootUIELEMENT container, have the GRID layout with 3 columns,

in the 1st row have the 1st column->Parameter Text, 2nd col-> <Inputfield>, 3rd col->Have a Horizaontal gutter (set the property as VISIBITLY as NONE) when this is used you can have a space in that column.

2nd row-> 1st col have the Select Option Fieldname, 2nd col as Selectoption-Low field input and

3rd col as Selectoption-High <field input> .

Please try this way. USe the HORIZONTAL GUTTER effectively that would solve the issue.

IF you want to include TO also in the Layout.

GRID LAYOUT with 4 columns->

Purchase Org(1st column as Label): ________ (2nd column as Inputfield), For 3rd and 4th have a HORIZAONTAL GUTTER with VISIBILTY as NONE (so that you can have spaces).

Site(1st column as Label): _________(2nd column as Inputfield), TO (3rd column as Text to hold 'TO'), ___________ (4th column as Inputfield).

Regards

Lekha

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know how you create your select-options, but the way to do it, is using the reusable component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS. In the component controller, in method wddoinit, you add your select-options manually then you embed the selection screen view inside your view container. You can't see the selection-options in the wysiwyg editor, so what's you're saying does not work. Also, yes I have one parameter & 3-4 select-options, remember that I used 2 transparent container to group them, one for my parameters & one for my select-options

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I know that we design the SELECT OPTIONS using the standard component Only.

When using this standard compoent itself, First try to have only SELECTOPTIONS-Low field, again use the standard compenent for SELECT-OPTIONS-High field and when they are placed in the view have a Textview to HOLD 'TO' string.

Like this you separate you selectoptions that behaves as a Single paramter field.

selectoptions-LOW as parameter using standard component and selectoptions-HIGH as parameter

using standard component. Try to use the standard component for 2 times.

Or

Else you need to design the parameters separately and have a Textview to hold 'TO' and but you need to handle the validations or populating values for these parameters individually.

Regards

Lekha

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I solve my problem, instead of adding parameters using the context binding. I add them manually using interface IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS, calling method add_parameter_field.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, my view was also the same as specified in my earlier replies to have the separate parameters.

Regards

Lekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which layout you are using for 'VCU_SELECTON_SCREEN

'

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

The view container UI element (VCU_SELECTION_SCREEN) is embedded inside a transparent container (TCO_2) where I set the flow layout, I also tried to change the layout to grid layout with colcount = 2 and does not seems to help,

thanks

I looks something like this

Site: _________ TO ___________ (Select-Options)

Alex

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

My example is not good, it looks like this

Site: -

_________ TO ___________ (Select-Options)