cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW do I remove SPs after uncompressing BUT before applying???

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I've uncompressed some Support Packages that I do not need to apply ... ie. IS-OIL, I accidently unpacked this item and do not have to apply it.

Thanks

maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Decompressing .SAR or .CAR file is nothing but creating the .ATT and .PAT files in the OS level. it's by default compressed to DIR_TRANS\eps\in. (the same thing is done by putting .SAR file in /trans and then uncar by sapcar to /trans/eps/in.. in the case of uncar by sapcar tool in the server)

If you don't need to apply that, then its okay.. not mandatory to delete the .att and .pat files. but if you don't want something to stay on your trans folder unnecessarily, then you may search for those .ATT and .PAT of IS-OIL then delete them manually.

.ATT gives the attributes of the patch.. you can know by reading it which one is for IS-OIL.

or the easiest way would be to take the .CAR or .SAR file somewhere in a dummy folder and uncar there by sapcar tool to see the exact .att and .pat files and then search for the same files in /trans/eps/in folder and delete.

Regards,

Debasis.

Answers (0)