cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro connecting to ABAP trough RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created WebDynpro application using ABAP functions accordingly to relevant tutorial. But i have problems with the last step - which is "Creating the JCO Connections."

I can create and test the connection called "WD_MODELDATA...." but i have problems with "WD_RFC_METADATA....". I truthly say that i cannot locate the source of the problem.

If i create WD_RFC... as (Application Data -> Single server) it creates and the test results OK, but later on when running the application i get an exception saying that i have not defined the connection as an MsgServerConnection in CIM. When i try to create is as Dictionary Meta ... i get errors while creating it.

!There is an interesting symptome on step 4.2 in "Create

!new JCO destination" wizard - when I select a Message

!Server the "System name" and "Logon Group" fields remain

!empty and disabled - isn't it strange ?

And in the end, after i press finish i get a red exclamation icon and a following message :

"Failed to create new JCO client connection WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST: com....WDSystemLandscapeException: Error while obtaining JCO connection: com....WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve connection parameter for WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST at com...JCOClientConnection.resolveCOnnectionParameter4MsgServerJCODestination(JCOClientConnection.java:598)."

Everything in SLD is configured corectly (at least it seems so).

May the version difference (SLD 6.20 and WAS 6.40) be a problem?

I have WAS SneakPreview patch level 4, my OS is WINXP,SP1.

R/3 server i try to connect to is version 4.6C

--

Marcin Galczynski

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same error with the Sneak preview. I followed all the steps mentioned in the used the SAP NetWeaver '04 Post-Installation Guide to set up SLD on the Sneak preview WebAS installation. You can find this at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/sap system landscape directory on sap web as java 6.40.pdf

or try this shorter url -->

http://smallurl.com?i=14968