Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable ALV: Refresh after Input in one cell

mario_abel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i build an editable ALV. If I type in one column the number of an order in another column

the description of the order should appear immedeately.

What I have to do ?

Thanks and regards

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mario_abel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

the Event ON_DATA_CHECK is not raised when I change data in my ALV. What could be the reason ?

Any idea ?

Thanks

Mario

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Am sorry but I had forgot to mention on something earlier. You would have to first call the data_check method of the ALV component. This method checks if any data has changed in the ALV and then triggers the ON_DATA_CHECK event if it finds that something has changed in the ALV.

But in order to trigger the data_check method after the user has entered his text you need to associate it with some other event. For example you may place a button in the ALV toolbar which the user will to click upon after making his entries into the ALV. Within the action handler method of this button the interface method DATA_CHECK of the ALV component is invoked. If changes have been made then the interface event ON_DATA_CHECK is raised & there you can code your logic to populate the description of the order.

Try going through this [blog |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3133474a-0801-0010-d692-81827814a5a1] by Claudia Dangers for some similar functionality. Here the user makes his entries in the ALV and presses a button to save his entries into the database. So you can use it as an example for getting the necessary understanding. Hope it helps resolve your problem.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mario_abel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

thanks a lot, your answer was very helpfull. Because I want to show the description of the order

immedeatedly after the input of the order number, i called the method data_check in the method WDDOAFTERACTION of my view.

Regards

Mario

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You will have to take care of this functionality by writing an event handler method for the ON_DATA_CHECK event. This event is automatically triggered by the system when the data in the ALV changes. So you should code your logic for updating the order in another column & the description of the order. Try refer to this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2993] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; by Krishnakumar on details about how you can work with this event.

Regards,

Uday