Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE and PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone clarify me

What is CE and how is related to PI 7.1?

I searched in SDN and I got differences between CE and PI 7.1 . are they different?

2. has anybody found blogs on how do we start developement on a PI 7.1?

I have been developing in PI 7.0 but when I looked into 7.1, there are folders and ESR etc. from where do I need to start developing in PI 7.1?

I was referring to following link ,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

thanks

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

[;

the above thread wll provide helpful info.

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to learn CE.

I have a PI 7.1 installed in my environement.

how do I find out if its PI or CE?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CE 7.1 is ia subset of PI 7.1.

CE 7.1 has - ESR, Resgistry. No runtime. Used only for outside in developement on ABAP stack.

PI 7.1 has in addition to above , Rntime, ABAP stack, Directory, RWB and all. It is used for integration broking.

Learning 7.1 PI it sself is learning CE 7.1. Only few client who do not want PI but just a means to develop services on abap stack and expose them as web services go for CE.

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Difference between CE and PI 7.1

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 (SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1)

You can use the ES Repository and Registry with SAP NetWeaver PI and take full advantage of the process integration capabilities of SAP NetWeaver and leverage the benefits of the Integration Directory and Integration Server. With the ES Repository, you can start modeling your business process and designing your interfaces, data types and mappings for the message exchange.

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 (SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1)

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 offers full service provisioning capabilities, also for those who need to work with a lean development environment and do not focus on process integration. For those customers, the ES Repository and Registry offers capabilities for service provisioning and consumption.

You can find step by step approach how to start developing in PI 7.1.

Please find the belwo link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0e7734f-e969-2a10-24b6-df58a710...

Regards,

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI leela,

the weblink was very helpful, I will start using it in a while.

But I am still not clear with CE and PI.

with your explanation I understood that PI 7.1 is used for developement and CE has few features of developement and what do u mean by full service provising capabilities?

can you name few such capabilities that CE can do but not PI 7.1?

I have a PI 7.1 environment.

how do I check if its CE or PI 7.1?

SAP must have something in mind to specifically develop CE besides PI 7.1. any idea why?

regards,

Venkat.