cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUMBER RANGES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two questions with regard to the number ranges...

As far as my knowledge goes number ranges are client specific, i.e. they do not get transported automatically from the production server to the development server.. we need to manually create a similar number range in all the clients... can anybody shed light on why this happens...??

while working with IDES when I save the number range i get a message--" The number range intervals are not included in automatic recording of customer changes. Transport of all changes made within number range interval maintenance must be triggered manually.

In the initial screen for the number range maintenance choose the function interval--- transport"

Can anybody explain this message???

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

as part of the configuration and testing processes, number ranges are used up. this happens to a large extent in FICO and it also happens in SD.

while you can transport number range assignment settings in document types, the actual number ranges have to be defined in the target/client system, to ensure you can start from the very first number.

regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

1. You cannot transport Number Ranges between clients, to avoid number range mis-match, because while testing on Development / Quality server several numbers are used. Thus SAP recommends to create Number Ranges on each client seperately.

2. This message is just a warning that you cannot Transport number Ranges between clients & you have to create Number Ranges on Each client manually.

Hope this helps...

Give points if useful.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally the number ranges are not transported across different systems (Clients) in SAP. The main reason for this is the current number may mismatch between the systems. You may be creating documents for testing purposes.

But you can do Transport of number ranges manually also if systems are fresh and nothing is done.

Prase