Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync scenario: rfc-to-ftp with ccbpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

my scenario is as follows:

there is a rfc call from sap, this message is given to the XI.. the next step should be that xi selects data from the ftp server, send this data back to xi (mapped) and finally give this mapped data back to the sap system..

how to realize this with xi ccbpm?

thanks for every help

chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using BPM also problem is to trigger the Sender communicatoion channel.

Well if you are able to invoke servlet

http(s)://host:port/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=party&service=service&channel=channel&action=

Action = Start will allow the channel to start

use the blog by William li link given above.

Try like this

Proxy (which invokes this) -> File adapter picks the file ->map the data and send to SAP system

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem in your scenario is to get data from ftp server.

Because you could not trigger a Sender File adapter. You will have to provide the data in another way.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, thats the point, ftp adapter is only async ...

thats why i want to use bpm ... i cant risk any delay between rfc-call and ftp-data-receivement ...

it must be possible to realize this in bpm:

when rfc calls, it should trigger ftp sender adapter to select data, map it, than give it back to sap..

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think data from ftp server is a problem. I just did this type of scenario. My scenasrio was MDM-XI-RFC-MDM. So from MDM to XI i need to put my xml file in MDM server and then i need to ftp it for an input to XI server. And in XI system i created the all mapping to get data and all mapping steps. Now for RFC calls , i used ccBPM with 1 receive step and 2 send steps. 1 Send step was Sync Send as i need to get the response from RFC and next send was aSync call to put response back to ftp using file adapter.

I think for this scenario this weblog will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that with BPM too its possible, BPM cannot trigger a communication channel to poll a file (till XI 7.0)

In Aashish case, it was not the RFC to trigger the process first..

Edited by: Prasad Ulagappan on Oct 31, 2008 9:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

can't you build something like this:

receive the rfc call? then trigger ftp adapter to receive the data?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can control the adapter by giving HTTP requests to it. You dont need an RFC. When ever you want to run the scenario, some one needs to press this button and the channel gets activated.. fetches data and sends it.

VJ