cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate web dynpro application into portal for all users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a web-dynpro application.

Now I want to integrate it into the portal and I want insert a link to application in the preferred list of all users' s portal.

Is it possible?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to integrate a Webdynpro application you need to create an Iview in the portal.

If your portal server and the J2EE server are the same then you can create an IVIew directly from a Webdynpro application

Go to Content Admin -> Select the folder in the PCD where you want to create a IView and select the webdynpro Java Application there you can find your webdynpro application. Select the WD Component and Create an IVIew based on your content..

If your J2EE engine and portal server are different you need to create a System for the J2EE engine in the enterprise portal server. Then while creating the IVIew Selec the IVIew Template and form there select SAP Webdynpro IView.

The next thing is if we want to display this IVIew to all the users , Identifdy a role which is common to all the users and assign this Iview to that Role

Hope this solves Your Problem,

Thanks and Regards,

Raju Bonagiri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To integrate Webdynpro Application:-

In order to integrate the webdynpro application into the portal you have to create the Webdynpro iview from the iview template.

In the list of iview templates select Webdynpro iview from the radio button and then go step by step and then in one step it will ask for the application so select that webdynpro application which you want to integrate and go next till "Finish" button.

Now add this iview/page to the workset and add that workset to the role.

Then add this role to your user and refresh the portal you will see that webdynpro application into the portal.

To insert a link to application in the preferred list of all users' s portal:-

In order to view the link of the application to all other user you have to add that role to all Users. Then all user can also able to see that Webdynpro Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing you can integrate your webdynpro application in portal by just creating a new iview using webdypro template and the other thing i am not sure what you are looking for can you be more detail on that(link in all users list)..

Regards

Raghu