cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error runing 2 instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

first I have to say sorry for doing mistek.

I am installing BI7 two instances on the same server.

Both installation completed successfully. But now only one instance is running at a time.

I come to know the problem is b'coz multiple oracle homes on single host not installed as per document.

I coulden't remove veriable path during installation of second instance (oracle Home).

Now I checked that both instance taking same oracle home Path.

also I checked that all my initSID.ora & initSID.sap files comes in single oracle home listner entry is there in single file used different ports. I try to create seperate listner file for seperate instance but not working.

Please give me solution.

Thanks in Advance

Darshan...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved Myself the exact problem is becoze of physical memory.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use multiple ORACLE_HOMEs with no problems.

Are you on Windows? if so, go adapt the PATH. for system, take out all oracle references. for each [sid]adm users, add the Oracle paths in the PATH of the users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it but same Problem still facing. also it is showing error on server minimum paging file size is small.

we increase page file to 33 GB min & 40 GB max but invain.

Regards,

Darshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi darshan ,

You need to follow Note 98252 - Installing two Oracle databases on a host to edit your listener.ora as well as tnsnames.ora .Update these 2 files accordingly hope it will work.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gagan,

I read the Note it's for oracle 9i, is it applicable for 10g?

Also this note shows only one listner port while as recomanded I am using different listner ports.

Darshan..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

you can use it for 10g as well. And you can also use different ports, e.g. PORT = 1527 for one system and PORT = 1521 for the other.

Nevertheless, I'm not quite sure that I have understood exactly what you have done. I'm not even sure if the problem comes from the common Oracle home. Actually, I would like to see the actual error logs that you get when you try to start the second instance.

(Needless to mention that the two SAP instances must have different system numbers, right?)

Regards,

Konstantina