cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 post system copy issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using XI 3.0 on Windows and MSSQL platform, i have made system copy sucessfully from production system with process of DB restore for ABAP and Java Import, the new server is up and running both abap and java.

Problem : In the newserver when i execute the tcode sxmb_ifr it takes me to production server url and not the new server hostname url.

when i tried the http://newserver hostname.com:50000 it works fine. but from this url except home page every other link like exchaneprofile, SLD,IR and ID links still points to the production server host name.

Please look at the following post installation activities i have performed till now in new serverand please guide where else i have to change the host name in the new server.

Note: i did not cange the logical system assignment in scc4, beacuse i was not sure about the other problems we may face after directly assigning new logical system to the productive client in new server.

1. Run installation check: Administration u2192 System administration u2192 Administration u2192

Installation Check (transaction SM28).

2. Configure the Workbench Organizer (SE06) with the option Database Copy. This

releases all transport, repair, and customizing requests that have not been released in

the source system.

3. Configure STMS

4. In transaction RZ70, change the value for the host and the gateway service in the group box

Transport Information

5. Change the pipeline to the Integration Server by running transaction SXMB_ADM -> Configuration -> Integration Engine Configuration

6. Open Visual Administrator -> Change the new host name in the following

services -> Jcorfcprovider all the services

services -> SLD Suppiler

7. Host name Change in SLDAPICUST

Note: In the SAP system copy guide it says me to chane few parameters in exchange profile but when i go through the url http://newserver hostname.com:50000/exchangeProfile it takes me to production server, is there any option to change the exchange profile parameters ?

Please help me.

Thanks

Sonali

Subject modified

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Oct 31, 2008 9:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lakshminarayanan_m
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sonali,

What is your new and old host name server.

Please check this parameter " icm/host_name_full " and let me know it.

regards

MLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the prameter but it was not useful.

Thanks

Sonali

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to XI forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can some one please help me on this ?

Thanks

Sonali

FrankMisch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the explanation of some of the thing you have written is clearly that the AII-Properties of the XI system have still not been switched.

The properties must be changed once - afterwards the URL to the exchange profile and all other URLs should become valid.

The key is therefore to change the exchange profile. Try please the to access the exchange profile by using the ip address or the fully

qualified name of the new server http://<newserver>:<port>exchangeProfile/connection.jsp

Did I get it right - you are redirected to the URL http://<oldserver>:<port>exchangeProfile/connection.jsp ?

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I have tried as you suugested and successfully changed to new host name in exchange profile.

But still sxmb_ifr tocde taks me to incorrect hostname (production) url.

Please help me out,

Thanks

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey did you ever find a solution to this issue. I'm running into the same problem on a system copy we're doing. Thx.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FrankMisch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please check whether there is an entry in transaction sproxset?

As far as I know the transaction sxmb_ifr checks table sproxset for adress

of integration builder. If there is no entry then exchange profile is queried.

In your case there might be an entry with the wrong server and port.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please check the note 1600185. You can need to check the RFC destination  'SAP_PROXY_ESR' .

Kind Regards,

Mahamood.