SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM- Cut Over Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing FM in the mid of the year.

What all documents should be considered for cut over

1) Open PO's - If I want them to create commitment items.

2) Close PO's - invoicing done, but in case credit memo in relation to those invoices is to be posted.

3) FI documents - If reversal of those document is done.. then it wld require Fund Center.

4) Open Sales order

I was planning to use dummy fund center for this.

What are the steps to be followed :-

Like FMCN, FMCT.. FMN3N, FMN4N... so how it is to be done.

Do I have to assign FM Account assignment for current fiscal year or for all fiscal years in which data exists before FM implementation.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor

Hi Jyoti,

Regarding the open documents, it depends on the functionality required by your client. You can always put in FMDERIVE startegy that will fill the empty FM fields and so no chain document will be blocked because of missing parameters.

However, if your client wants these open documents to consume the budget, then FM documents should be created.

It will make no scence to make the assignment retroactively.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor

Hi Jyoti,

Regarding the open documents, it depends on the functionality required by your client. You can always put in FMDERIVE startegy that will fill the empty FM fields and so no chain document will be blocked because of missing parameters.

However, if your client wants these open documents to consume the budget, then FM documents should be created.

It will make no scence to make the assignment retroactively.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I got your point that there is no need to execute FMCN , FMN4N etc.. If i am deriving CI & FC through derivation and if I am not creating these Open PO's as Commitment items. I have tested this and it is working fine.

As we are doing FM implementation in the mid of the year, so I think I need to inform users that in case there is credit memo or reversal of document then budget would be increased automatically. That they have to keep the track..

Do you agree with me or is there any other option to tackle this.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it's a new component, the users should be careful anyway; does not matter if it's switched in mid-year or not Actually, you can control these movements; if the users do not want them to increase their budget, you can derive them to dummy FM objects based on certain parameters.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli...

Would it be possible for you to help me in deriving dummy fund center for reversals & credit memo pertaining to Pre FM go -live. I could find the field posting date but it if i use this, it would derive dummy Fund center for current docs also. I might be asking for too much.. but still if possible please help me

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

If you can indentify those documents from their COBL parameters, then it will be possible (with a defrivation BADI).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

There are following methods in BADI.. which should be used in current scenario.

CHECK_DRULE_BEFORE_SAVE

CHECK_DRULE_ENTRY

GET_STRATEGY

SET_ACTIVITY_ CHECK

STEP_CHECK_ON_ENTER

STEP_CHECK_ON_EXIT

SET_DISPLAY_MODE

SET_STRATEGY_BUTTONS

STEP_DRULE_ACTIVITY_CHECK

Derive

Besides this in COBL Parameters, I could only find the parameter Posting date on which basis I can segregate the documents before and after FM Implementation.

Credit Memo/Reversal of documents where posting date of original document is before FM implementation should be replaced with Dummy Fund Center. Would it be possible with this?? Or is there can be any other criteria.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

There is also DERIVE method which could be used with this BADI. Try check with your ABAP team, if it's possible to write an enhancement which will check the date of the original document and then fill the customer-field in FMDERIVE by method FILL_CUSTOMER_FIELDS.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing FM implementation for one of our clients and its in the mid of the year. My client wants the system to show consumed budget for the whole year, i.e. YTD. For example, go live date is in 1st week of October so for April to September (FY is Apr to March) whatever budget is being consumed it should be uploaded in the system as a part of cut-over activty so that the report can show correct YTD numbers. I searched all SCN posts but couldn't find answer to this. Please help. If there is any existing link please share as I couldn't find one.

Regards,

Santoshi