cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why our Simple Chinese interactive form need Japanese font ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I had developed some interactive form which use Chinese text .

But when I run the web dynpro java applicatoin which contained interactive form, the interactive form can't display Chinese text and table , and there is a dialog display that we need to intall Japanese Font .

After I intalled Japanese Font , the interactive form worked fine.

We use Chinese in the interactive form, why we need to intall Japanese Font ?

Is there a method that we don't need to intall Japanese Font ?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Best Regards,

Louis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Louis,

Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe LiveCycle Designer products come with some of the fonts which are regurally used through out.

When we look at the Help Documentation, there it is clearly given that

As Per AdobeLiveCycle Designer Documentation:

Consequently, the following fonts are always available in Acrobat and Adobe Reader, and do not need to be embedded to prevent font substitution:

u2022 Courier Std, Courier Std Bold, Courier Std Bold Oblique, Courier Std Oblique

u2022 Minion Pro Bold, Minion Pro Bold It, Minion Pro It, Minion Pro Regular

u2022 Myriad Pro Bold, Myriad Pro Bold It, Myriad Pro It, Myriad Pro Regular

u2022 Symbol (Type 1)

The following fonts are always available in Acrobat; however, they are only available in Adobe Reader when the corresponding Language Package is installed:

u2022 Adobe Arabic/Hebrew/Thai with all 4 styles (Bold, BoldItalic, Italic, and Regular). Available in Adobe Reader when the Extended Language Package is installed

u2022 Kozuka Gothic Pro-VI M (KozGoPro VI-Medium.otf) and Kozuka Mincho Pro-VI R (KozMinProVI-Regular.otf). Available in Adobe Reader when the Japanese Language Package is installed

So to support the other fonts we need to install the Language Packs seperately.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Edited by: Pradeep Goli on Nov 3, 2008 12:52 PM