cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netweaver performance swap memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I run Netweaver 7 BI on Windows 2003 Server X64. I have 8 Gb of Memory.

After few minutes, Windows swaps : jlaunch using 4 GB of swap memory and kernel 3gb of swap memory.

This causes to slow down when accessing to SAP.

Any ideas to optimize this ?

Regards,

Chea-Lie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how much pagefile size u have set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please upgrade your RAM upto 16 GB.

Thanks,

Bhanu Pratap Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heng,

Greetings!

The main problem is SAP uses its memory parameters to maintain the buffers and these buffers are maintained by the profile parameters.

To find which of these buffers are low you will have to ST02 transaction and find the ones which have much swaps. SAP memory is classified into many varieties like ABAP program buffer, Screen Buffer, Table Buffer, Calendar..etc.

Double click on each of the buffers and find the current parameters from the button provided on the corresponding page. Search for SAP notes that could give you details on profile parameter maintenance for increased performance. Also find out whether the SAP ABAP system shows a low performance only when some of the user defined programs are running.

Maintaining the correct profile parameter values providing suitable buffer space for the SAP system could optimize the server performance issues.

For the Java system, I think you are not deploying any packages through Jlaunch. Also check the Virtual Memory of the SAP server, you would require a minimum of 20GB virtual memory for the normal performance of a SAP server with ABAP and Java instances. You also have memory parameters to be maintained for the J2EE engine.

Award points if the suggestion was useful.

Thank you

Regards,

Vineeth

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

add more RAM!