Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted files do not appear in sxmb_moni

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are setting up a scenario: file to XI to Idoc. Works fine, but accidentally we realized a strange behavior:

If the file is empty (and this can happen in real life, e.g. in case of problems of the sending system or in case of FTP issues, the file adapter grabs the file, moves it correctly into the archive directory with a time stamp but then - <b>nothing happens</b>. There is no message appearing in SXMB_MONI. There is no message which goes on error and thus no alert can be triggered and we cannot realize that a corrupted file was "processed".

Has anybody come across this behavior before or can anybody help us to avoid this behavior?

Thanks,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check your file adapter in the RunTimeWorkBench during ADAPTER MONITORING.

I think your file adapter would have thrown up an error.

The file adapter runs on the j2ee engine whereas the details seen under SXMB_MONI are the ones

under the Integration Engine.

As there is a problem when the file is being picked up by your adapter, it does not reach the

integration engine and thats why there is no message in SXMB_MONI.

One solution would be to set up an ALERT RULE with NO RESTRICTION or one that covers the errors on the ADAPTER ENGINE.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the XML file is completely empty. The file adapter is in status green and should pass the message to the IE.

Since the adapter does not throw an error and the IE does not throw an error as well, all alert rules will be without effect.

Could it be that the reason of the problem is the connection between the ABAP and the Java stack of XI?

Regards,

Philipp

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phillipp,

One work around to your problem would be to have some <b>mandatory field</b> in your source datatype.

Now, when your empty file is picked up and no information is found (<b>madatory field not found</b>) there should be a <b>MAPPING ERROR</b>, as the source MessageType would not match with the received information and it should get reflected in SXMB_MONI.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the message does not go to the IE

(not seen in sxmb_moni)

then manadatory types does not matter

Regards,

michal

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are mandatory fields in the data type of the outbound message. How about my idea of the connection between the Java and the ABAP stack of XI?

Regards,

Philipp

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

//if the message does not go to the IE

(not seen in sxmb_moni)

then manadatory types does not matter

I have a questions with regard to your last reply.

What happens when your file contains only this statement

<b><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?</b>>

The workaround solution suggested should work ( or wouldnt it?? )

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

but if it works with other files then your connection is ok

try my solution with a simple module adapter

for the file channel

Regards,

michal

philipp_wagner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the file contains

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

the message is passed to the IE, goes on error and my alert is thrown.

But if the file is completely empty it does not show up in sxmb_moni (and thus no alerts are triggered).

How do I set up a module adapter for the file channel? Can I find a documentation somewhere or even a weblog?

Thanks,

Philipp

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have a look at the xi faq - adapters section

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try

Executing Operating System Commands Before/After Message Processing

Make a script that chekcs if the file is empty, and if so fills it with erroneous data.

Maybe a workaround?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

if the message is empty and gets processed by

the file adapter then you can make a check inside

an adapter module

just check if the payload is empty if so send something

which will cause an error in IE

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>