cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM configuration steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a MM consultant. Now I am assigned a project on CHARM. I have got some overview idea on SOLMAN. I required documents related to CHARM configuration. Also docments related to Action profile and conditions functions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, you need to configure de Standard Configuration Basic Settings in SPRO. Then go to the Scenario-Specific Settings - Change Management (configure the General Activities-Transport Management System-Change Request Management) there are the basic settings to ChaRM.

Note: Important Information (in SPRO).

Use

Before you start to configure Change Request Management, make sure that you have performed all the Solution Manager IMG activities under the following nodes:

Solution Manager -> Basic Settings (Business Partners, iBase,Number Ranges)

Solution Manager -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> General Settings

Before users can start working with Change Request Management, the system administrator (or equivalent user) has to assign user roles that contain the relevant authorizations (assign the ChaRM Roles to every Users (Roles in Charm are, Creator or Requester, Change Manager, Developer, IT Operator, Tester), and then assign these roles to the corresponding users. The roles have to be created (by using transaction SU01) for users in the following systems:

● SAP Solution Manager system (Change Request Management runs in this system)

● Component systems that are managed by Change Request Management

For further information, see the SAP Solution Manager Security Guide.

Other recomendation, See the site help.sap.com - Solution Manager - Change Management - Change Request Management.

There are many Tutorials in the site service.sap.com/solutionmanager.

Regards,

Ignacio Benitez.