cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order in company A draws stock from company B, is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have multiple company codes and sales orgs with plant / storage structure under this, using 4.7 enterprise version of sap. Is it possible for company A to sell stock from company B plant/warehouse that they share without raising purchase orders and sales orders between the two entities. The accounting entries recognising the stock moves still need to happen of course?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,,

I dont think this is possible. When you have 2 companies, they will usually be in different company codes. 2 different company codes manage their A/c independently of each other. Even though the 2 companies are there in same company code also, when a customer orders items from Plant A & there is no stock in Plant A, how will the order pull the materials from Plant B?

There has to be an stock transfer between Plant B to Plant A.

May I know the reason why your business doesnot want to have a PO for stock transfers?

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivanand, thank you for your response. I suspected it was not possible. With regard to the PO for stock transfer we understand this process just looking to simplify; of course we can set mrp to raise the orders automaticly...an so on...

thanks

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in your question you mention company 'A' sells stock to company 'B' without raising any prchase order. In SAP we have this business process call Intercompany Sales.

have you tried looking at the process. I believe it may help.

Regards

Ken