SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why absence are link to program not student

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though i am using SAP standard absence still i am wander why Absence are directly link to program ( CS study ) not to student i wander.

If i am study more than two program i have to register absence more than two times if student request leave of requests.

Sometimes i wander why ?. Can somebody explain Why leave of absence for program not to student.

I know, i can maintain using status for student but ...

regards,

jin dal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jin Dal,

'Leave of Absense' must be tied to a program. It is a registration-related entry, and these are of course specific to the program, and not generic to the student.

Consider that it is possible for a student to actually be on a 'Leave of Absence' from one program specifically in order to enroll in a different academic program at the same university!

With EhP4, we will provide the 'Pre-excused Absence' function for the student. This will not create any 'leave of absence' on the study record.

Michael

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jin Dal,

'Leave of Absense' must be tied to a program. It is a registration-related entry, and these are of course specific to the program, and not generic to the student.

Consider that it is possible for a student to actually be on a 'Leave of Absence' from one program specifically in order to enroll in a different academic program at the same university!

With EhP4, we will provide the 'Pre-excused Absence' function for the student. This will not create any 'leave of absence' on the study record.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

if SAP deliver pre-execused absence in EHP4( but you did not explain this function last EHP4 training session) , my requirements are solved but i also want to know can i maintain how many semester i want to leave of absences ?.

for example in our case most of the male student must stay in the army for 2 years and many students go to other countries to study language. in this case if we can set-up how many semester student want to leave of absence and when he will return ( retuen date & semester ) it would be helpful.

regards,

jin dal

0 Kudos

Jin Dal,

We covered the functionality during the 'Attendance Tracking' session. The pre-excused absense is not linked at all to an academic year or session, but rather just a date range. There are RFCs available to read the created absenses, so that you could in the background just create the necessary Leave of Absense records for the program registrations, if necessary.

The EhP4 Post Processing Framewirk has an event for the creation of a pre-excused absense, so you can then easily trigger any follow-on actions that are appropriate.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Yes, you are right. Pre-execused absence was in EHP4 training material and i check it. I am sorry for not faithful during training session.

I understand process but still i wander what will be best solution for student status management.

In Korea case ( In Thai , there is no problem) student can register more than 4 program at the same time and sometimes students can request new program ( i heard this becoming global standard in education environment )

please let me say about my idea about status management and just have a look at my idea.

1) we have one IT for for just status management and using this IT we can maintain status

such as active, leave(absence), withdrawal, dismmssal, inactive and this status is user defined and we

and also can maintain more detail status for example for absence we can maintain the reason.

in our case time constrains for this IT is 1.

2) when the student get permission to university, status "active" is automatically created and we can count

how many student studying in our university.

3) when student request leave of absence we just maintain this record and we also maintain how many

semester he/she will be absence and know when he/she will return.

4) when the student request withdrawal/dismissal we also maintain this infotype and all the program he/she studying now is delimited automatically.

if we maintain status IT, i hope we can count student more easily and it will be OK how many program he/she study.

This is just my idea and currently we almost have this kind of function but this is another idea about status management.

regards,

jin dal