SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module locking - Maybe michecl can help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

I have question about EHP4 online module booking program and Maybe Michael give me some advice.

In my university some module like language ( Thai, English ) have lots of event package and in the SAP GUI module booking program lock from the module to event and EHP4 also locking module during booking i want to design differently.

I want to know in EHP4 online module booking program locking module during booking ?.

If not i am happy but if it is locking i must have many module rather than have many event package.

Hoping quick response and thanks in advance.

regards,

jin dal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin dal,

During module booking, it is not the entire object but the capacity of the module, event package and event are locked. We understand that it is the event package and at the event level that the capacity be locked so that we avoid overbooking. So with EhP4, there is an option provided that you can exclude the capacity check at the module level. This would not lock the module capacity but would only lock event packages and events. This would solve your issue where you have many event packages for a single module. You can have simultaneous booking at the module on different event packages.

Kind regards,

Ajeesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jin dal,

I don't think you can do anything with locking. The only way i think of which will help you to prevent locking is time window. Your are not suppose to allow all the students to book at same time.

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat Singh,

Thanks for your help but i have to explain a little more.

Of course, i will use time windows but the problem is some module like Language have about 30-50 event packages so whether i use time windows, if the Webdynpro module booking program locking module during booking time, i have to persuade customer to have many modules rather than have one module to avoid module locking.

In detail

Module name Thai language have for about 50 event package

if EHP4 online module booking program locking module during module booking

i want to change as follows.

Module name Thai language 01 - 50 and each module have only one event package

and it will be much better for system performance if webdynpro program locking module during module booking.

so my question is , Webdynpro module booking program locking module or event package level ?.

If module level, i think i must have many module rather one module but locking to event package level i will have only one module.

regards,

jin dal

0 Kudos

Jin dal,

As far as i know module booking locks module and events . But it is going to lock when student save his/her booking.

I got event lock error couple of time while testing module booking in 4.7 .

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In EHP4, you will have that locking error and that is why i ask to Michael becuase i want to know it was solved in EHP4.

If online (Webdynpro) program still have this issue, i think i have to have many module instead of having many event package to avoid module locking issues.

regards,

jin dal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin dal,

During module booking, it is not the entire object but the capacity of the module, event package and event are locked. We understand that it is the event package and at the event level that the capacity be locked so that we avoid overbooking. So with EhP4, there is an option provided that you can exclude the capacity check at the module level. This would not lock the module capacity but would only lock event packages and events. This would solve your issue where you have many event packages for a single module. You can have simultaneous booking at the module on different event packages.

Kind regards,

Ajeesh