cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Logon Error ("Security Plugin Error")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have an issue that I haven't been able to resolve for the past couple days. I had to reinstall Crystal Reports XI on a user's computer, and now we can't log into the BusinessObjects Enterprise server from it using LDAP. I have successfully logged in using the Enterprise authentication mode, but not the LDAP authentication mode.

Here was my general trail of attempts:

1. Completely uninstalled Crystal Reports XI

2. Installed Crystal Reports XI

3. Installed Crystal Reports XI SP1

4. Could not log into BOE using LDAP; received the error "Security plugin error: Failed to set parameters on plugin"

5. Installed Crystal Reports XI SP2

6. Could not log into BOE using LDAP; received the error "Security plugin error: Failed to set parameters on plugin" (despite the release notes of SP2 saying that this issue has been resolved)

7. Installed Crystal Reports XI SP4 (as SP3 was not available on the downloads section of the SAP/BO service portal, and I heard it had a bug)

8. Could not log into BOE using LDAP; received the error "Security plugin error: Failed to set parameters on plugin"

9. Installed Crystal Reports XI Hotfix 11

10. Could not log into BOE using LDAP; received the error "Security plugin error: Failed to set parameters on plugin"

11. Installed Crystal Reports XI Hotfix 12

12. Could not log into BOE using LDAP; received the error "Security plugin error: Failed to set parameters on plugin"

I was able to log into InfoView via LDAP on the above workstation.

I've also tried installing Crystal Reports XI, following the same steps as above, on second workstation in order to determine if it was an issue with the first workstation I was addressing. But the second workstation had the same issue. However, I was also able to log into InfoView via LDAP on this second workstation.

I was also able to authenticate just fine on my workstation via Crystal Reports using LDAP, but its Crystal Reports installation took place before I began working here.

I have searched the SAP/BO portal, and I'm still left with the following questions on the following posts:

• [Note 1207373|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes%7B6163636573733d36393736354636443646363436353344333933393338323636393736354637333631373036453646373436353733354636453735364436323635373233443330333033303331333233303337333333373333%7D.do] - My issue is not regarding communicating with the LDAP server because the user logs into her workstation everyday using LDAP. Could there be another solution?

• [Log On error|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=18094821&messageID=5980948] - I couldn't find the "Server" service on the PC. What is the actual name of the service? Also, where can I go to find the release number of my BOE server?

• [Authentication issues with the universes connection type|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=18094821&messageID=6316866] - I'm not sure what to do as I think my BOE server is XI R1.

• [Cannot access the repository. (USR0013)|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=18094821&messageID=6327052] - I don't think this is the same issue as I'm experiencing. Would I need to restart the CMS service on the BOE server, even though other workstations can log on to the BOE server using LDAP?

• [LDAP Authentication issue whille connecting to BOXIR2 usinng designer|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=18094821&messageID=6253470] - InfoView is not a problem to log into. Is the software inventory tool referred to in this thread the same as "Add or Remove Programs"? If so, the BOE version is not the same as any of the Crystal versions on any of the workstations I've worked with. But mine still authenticates. I also don't think it's a firewall issue as the only thing that changed on the workstations I've worked with is that I've uninstalled and/or installed Crystal Reports.

• [Re: setting up AD and Kerberos with Java|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=18094821&messageID=6024617] - I don't think this is my issue...?

Here are the specs of the machines:

First Workstation:

Windows XP SP3

Crystal Reports 11.0.0.895 (after all the installs were over and I rolled back a couple SPs)

Second Worktation:

Windows XP SP3

Crystal Reports 11.0.0.2812 (after all the installs were over)

My Workstation:

Windows XP SP2

Crystal Reports 11.0.0.1994

BOE Server:

BOEXI 11.0.0.7485

CMS 11.0.0.1886

I am very new to Crystal Reports, so I may have missed something in the installation that would have prevented this. Is there a way to make Crystal Reports "point" to the BOE server via LDAP? I couldn't find anything like this though. Any help you could provide would be great!

Thanks so much in advance!

Bryce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe there was a problem with CRR1 that needed XIR1 SP3 to be installed on the client to resolve (this is a different patch stream than CRR1). Can you access LDAP from other clients? infoview? how about infoview from that client?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim,

I cannot seem to find Crystal Reports XI Release 1 Service Pack 3. All I can find on the SAP Support Portal (under the Business Objects Support - Software Downloads section) are SP1, SP2, and SP4.

We can access BOE via LDAP from other Crystal clients, and we can access InfoView from other clients also. The client that is having trouble accessing BOE with Crystal Reports via LDAP is able to access InfoView.

Should I try CR XI R1 SP3? If so, could you point me in the right direction to find it?

Thanks!

Bryce

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't believe this was addressed in the CR codestream

XIR1 SP4 is fine but I'm not sure if it was fixed in 1-2 XIR1 seems so long ago I don't trust my memory the latest patch would be the best

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize, but I recently found out that the user I had been helping was logging into the enterprise repository via an "Enterprise" login, rather than an "LDAP" login. So the issue is resolved.

I think the problem was actually due to a network configuration, though.

Thanks for your help!